• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Q: Bunnies got into the pellets...

UrbanBunny

Warren Scout
I just got in from having been out for about 3 hours to find the bunnies (probably Hilary) has somehow pulled the tin of pellets (P@H ones if it is relevant) off the bookcase, opened them and therefore probably eaten rather a lot. :roll:

I can't remember how much was in the tin so I can't guess how much they have eaten but there was still quite a lot in the tin and they were under the sofa (i.e. not eating them) when I got in. They seem to be absolutely fine, hopping about the living room, but I thought I should check!

They usually only get two or three pellets a day - is it likely to harm them?!

You are likely to get lots of excess cecal poos but hopefully nothing worse than that. I would only feed them hay and water for the next 48 hours and just keep a look out for any abdominal bloating/discomfort or a reduction in fecal output xx

Thank you very much Jane!

I've just given them some hay and they looked rather sheepishly at me but they seem fine otherwise. Will keep an eye on them....monkeys! x

Back