• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

betty update-been vets

breeze

Mama Doe
well iv been the vets with betty.she wasnt impressed.vet did her front teeth and had a look at her back,he said they are not in great condition but are ok for the time being.she has a rattle in her chest and he think the snotty nose and eyes will be from her teeth.hes put her on a course of antibiotics for a week see if it clears up.now i need to decide what to do with the little mite.do i keep her and see how things go or see if i can find anybody who can help with the continuous burring?

well iv been the vets with betty.she wasnt impressed.vet did her front teeth and had a look at her back,he said they are not in great condition but are ok for the time being.she has a rattle in her chest and he think the snotty nose and eyes will be from her teeth.hes put her on a course of antibiotics for a week see if it clears up.now i need to decide what to do with the little mite.do i keep her and see how things go or see if i can find anybody who can help with the continuous burring?

bump everybody should have a chance to help :wave:

Hope her teeth aren't too bad :(

Poor little mite.

Hope the abx help - out of interest, what abx are they?

Are you in crewe? i may have apple branches in the garden i can trim for you?

Sorry, only just seen this. Hmm, tough call. Do you have the time and energy for her? Would it be better to reassess in a week to see how the abx have helped? I have a dental bun that although you need to be on top of their condition, in reality he isn't that much extra work. It sounds like quite a long haul to nurse her back to full health and she would get much better attention in a home that has more time than a rescue that already has a few sick buns and are being pulled in different directions. Do you know yet how often the burring is required?

ETA in my experience she is likely to need something stronger than baytril :)

Sorry, only just seen this. Hmm, tough call. Do you have the time and energy for her? Would it be better to reassess in a week to see how the abx have helped? I have a dental bun that although you need to be on top of their condition, in reality he isn't that much extra work. It sounds like quite a long haul to nurse her back to full health and she would get much better attention in a home that has more time than a rescue that already has a few sick buns and are being pulled in different directions. Do you know yet how often the burring is required?

ETA in my experience she is likely to need something stronger than baytril :)

its a tough one as due a baby in 8wks but knew she needed getting to a vet.the vet said it may be weeks,it may be months so on.just a case of seeing how they grow.i had a feeling baytril may not be strong enough but he wasnt 100% if it was an infection or just an irratation caused by her teeth

its a tough one as due a baby in 8wks but knew she needed getting to a vet.the vet said it may be weeks,it may be months so on.just a case of seeing how they grow.i had a feeling baytril may not be strong enough but he wasnt 100% if it was an infection or just an irratation caused by her teeth

Archie has a jaw abcess which I realise is a bit different but when he first arrived he needed daily abx injections and an oral one too plus pain killers, that was in the September. After about 5 weeks of treatment the infection was under control and he has only had metacam here and there now if I think he needs it. We have just managed 10 months between dentals which was fab. Do you have the space for her permanently and will you get her a friend if she stays, all of which is extra work and money for you? Where are you thinking she may go otherwise? My guess is by the time you decide what to do she will already have snook her way into your affections and will give you those eyes that say plleeeease let me stay :lol:

:lol: i know.realistically i cant keep her,i have my bonded pair and a doe with 2 babies i need find homes for eventually.ill figure something out

It's so hard isn't! I have a little foster who has had EC and has been left with a slight head tilt, I've been nursing her for 6 weeks and I love her so much. After her spey she is likely to have to find a new home. I shall be so sad to see her go but you do have to think of the bigger picture. Will you look for a rescue space for her?

Back