• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weather affecting rabbit routine

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
This is still my first year as a rabbit owner, and especially after reading a few posts on other threads, I'm beginning to think the considerable variations in the weather from day-to-day may be putting the bunny bodyclock out of sink. We go from a day when you barely need a jacket on to go out to the hutch to weather in which it is really quite a thought to venture out at all. Spenser is checked regularly, but the only way he can get decent exercise is by bringing him into the conservatory for a couple of hours. Any thoughts on this appreciated. :wave:

Alvin has had what i believe weather related stasis episodes... last year when the temp dropped suddenly he stopped eating, my vet reckoned he has just snuggled up to keep warm and his gut slowed.

this year he stopped eating when the winds were bad :roll:

i think he is a fair weather bun :lol: :lol:

The wind is affecting some of mine and stopping them coming for their food- for sure. But they ate if I give it to them without them needing to move. First time it freaked me out, now I just know I can expect those rabbits to not come if its windy. Invariably I'm just a bit more vigilant with them on those days but when the wind dies down they do return to 'normal'.

Alvin has had what i believe weather related stasis episodes... last year when the temp dropped suddenly he stopped eating, my vet reckoned he has just snuggled up to keep warm and his gut slowed.

this year he stopped eating when the winds were bad :roll:

i think he is a fair weather bun :lol: :lol:

I read 'the' as 'his' :oops:

Back