• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh or Megazorb?

Colyflower

Alpha Buck
Sorry guys I know there have been previous threads on this before but I'm still not sure which one to use? Has anyone here tried using both and which one have you stuck with?

I use Carefresh at the moment and I'm very happy with it. I'm not worried about the cost so if anyone thinks that Carefresh is slightly better for my buns then I'll stick with this, if there's no difference at all then I may as well change and save myself some money.

Carefresh is great, just expensive. If you are happy with it then stick with it :)

Megazorb is a bit more dusty.

I use megazorb because of the cost. But if money was no option, I'd go back to Carefresh. I just find it's more absorbent :wave:

It'd probably cost me £42 / month for Carefresh, whereas I've been using megazorb since 1st December and haven't run out yet :D

With my bun Peanut a 14ltr bag of Carefresh lasts quite a while with her, she's tiny and does tiny wees :lol: I've now got another bun who loves to drink a lot so I can see myself going through a lot more than I used to. What I might do is get a large bag of Carefresh and see how long this lasts me and then work out the monthly cost, if it's not too much I'll stick with it but if I'm getting through a lot of it then I may have to swap. It's not so much that money is no option in general but where my buns are concerned it's not, if the dust in the Megazorb isn't harmful to them then I wouldn't mind saving myself a bit of money :D

I use megazorb because of the cost. But if money was no option, I'd go back to Carefresh. I just find it's more absorbent :wave:

It'd probably cost me £42 / month for Carefresh, whereas I've been using megazorb since 1st December and haven't run out yet :D

Hi just wondering if this is a good deal. Saw on ebay a 60 L bag of carefresh for £25.99 including postage. Is this cheaper than normal shops ?

Carefresh is fantastic I rate it highly but as others said the cost is a factor. I put a lot of hay over the Aubiose so dust and small particles isn't a factor although I find Aubiose not very dusty at all. :)

Thanks for that. I normally buy the small packs. For some reason being on ebay I thought it may have been cheaper. I didn't buy it.

I've just had a quick google and the hay experts seem to be the cheapest but I didn't search for too long. I normally get other stuff from there on a regular basis anyway so it makes sense for me to order from them.

I think i'd have to go megazorb, personally. I've tried them all now, and megazorb has been the best.

And, its superbly cheap. ~£7 for 85L compared to Carefresh being nearly double that costs for less.

:wave: The Carefresh from the hay Experts is £16.30 for 60ltrs.

That's really cheap! Still not as cheap as megazorb though. I was getting mine from P@H and Pebbles averaged a bag a month. With Barnaby arriving, I knew I'd get through 2 bags a month.

I also put hay over the megazorb so the dust isn't too bad. Until Barnaby starts digging of course :lol:

I've just had a quick google and the hay experts seem to be the cheapest but I didn't search for too long. I normally get other stuff from there on a regular basis anyway so it makes sense for me to order from them.

Wow thanks so much just looking at their site, the chinchilla bathing sand is so much cheaper than anywhere I have bought it too. I think I better do a shop there today. :wave:

I don't use it for my rabbits but I use carefresh for my rats toilet area and it isn't dusty at all and very absorbant, also before I used it they used to smell a bit on their cleaning out day but now they don't :wave:

This is what I've read before so I wasn't too sure about it, could the dust be harmful to the buns?

I don't think the dust in megazorb is much of a problem, it's mainly when I poor the megazorb from the sack into the bin I keep it in. When it's in the litter tray it's not very dusty since I spoon it in with my hands.

The 'volume' labels on Carefresh do seem to be quite misleading in my opinion. When they say 60L I don't think you really get 60L, even though they say it's compressed, I don't think it expands to 60L. But megazorb does come in sacks that are 80L when poured into a bin for a lot cheaper than Carefresh.

I don't think the dust in megazorb is much of a problem, it's mainly when I poor the megazorb from the sack into the bin I keep it in. When it's in the litter tray it's not very dusty since I spoon it in with my hands.

The 'volume' labels on Carefresh do seem to be quite misleading in my opinion. When they say 60L I don't think you really get 60L, even though they say it's compressed, I don't think it expands to 60L. But megazorb does come in sacks that are 80L when poured into a bin for a lot cheaper than Carefresh.

I don't other putting mine into bins, I used to, but now I just scoop straight from the bag. Ours lives in the garage though so I don't have to worry about it getting wet.

Back