• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Gray- Taking 15 rabbits to the vets

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Love it.

Looks like my ka when my lot go into boarding. How I find room for 11 buns and 2 piggies in such a small car I'll never know. :lol:

I worry that in the bit from the car to the vets they might somehow (very unlikely I know :oops:) burst out of the carrier and run off. Vets is on a busy main road and the thought absolutely terrifies me :(

I don't have anyone to take with me to help carry the buns, but the receptionists are very kind and often help if they aren't busy :)

Can't imagine asking my parents for help....their answer would probably end in '...off' :lol:

It's a good job I only have 2, as my mum insists the carrier has to go on her lap so that she can cushion the road bumps. :roll:

She'd be buried under that lot :lol::lol:

I don't have anyone to take with me to help carry the buns, but the receptionists are very kind and often help if they aren't busy :)

Can't imagine asking my parents for help....their answer would probably end in '...off' :lol:

I actually set up and am ready and prepared to do it all alone. I don't ask my mum for help, she just offers. Everything I do is organised so I can do it by myself; without help. But, she's great and she knows it does make a difference if she helps, so I'm lucky she does offer, but if she didn't, I would cope fine.

It's a good job I only have 2, as my mum insists the carrier has to go on her lap so that she can cushion the road bumps. :roll:

She'd be buried under that lot :lol::lol:

:lol:

Not sure if you know, but if you actually watch the rabbits in a carrier on the lap, vs a carrier on the car seat, its actually more bumpy on a lap.

Since Grim has put on weight I have taken to putting a luggage strap around the carrier as I'm paranoid that the bottom will fall off when I'm carrying them. :shock:

:lol:

Not sure if you know, but if you actually watch the rabbits in a carrier on the lap, vs a carrier on the car seat, its actually more bumpy on a lap.

Yep, I know but she kind of holds them up so they're 'floating'. Don't ask, just don't ask :roll::lol:

See, its relativey civilised. Thank goodness for a Ford Galaxy.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Two small carry cases on the floor, three on the middle set of seats, the licey mingers on the back two seats.

Erm :oops: For a minute there I thought you had labels on with names and that Max's weight was 8kg :oops::oops: I thought to myself, weird I didn't know Sky-O had a Max.

:lol::lol::lol::shock::shock::shock:

Thats just insanity, lol.

It is fairly civilised isn't it?

We have those carry cases also! :D

It the bit where you have to carry them from the car to the waiting room (and back) that gets me. I feel really bad leaving some inside whilst I go back to the car, and run as fast as possible in case somebody 'bunnynaps' them :oops: :lol:

It the bit where you have to carry them from the car to the waiting room (and back) that gets me. I feel really bad leaving some inside whilst I go back to the car, and run as fast as possible in case somebody 'bunnynaps' them :oops: :lol:

Yes, I don't like this either, but when it comes to getting them back to the car my mum and the vet carry some too. When I have this many normally mum is there, and I book at the surgery where they only have on consulting room and bring them in when I'm next.

The worst time was a stupid ignorant owner who had her dog off the lead who thought it would be marvellous to let him try to get in the carry cases with my bunnes but 'its alright, he won't hurt them'. I was literally wrestling that large dog away from my bunnies. Very not ok. Nowadays I would say something probably. Wish I had then too.

I normally make my Dad come with me so that I can sit in the back stroking them while he does the chauffeur bit :oops: Then when all four needs to come I make him carry a carrier. I swear they've all put on weight, they all seem heavier than they used to. :?

Back