• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biscuit & Ginger are now removed from the stairs/landing :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I've had to.

Biscuit has now torn enough carpet out to make it impossible to replace individual parts.

I've just lost £675 in my deposit and i cannot afford to replace it.

I feel awful for them, but i can't run the risk of any more damage.

Naughty Bunnies :no:

You have done the right thing by removing them, sorry to hear they have made so much damage :(

What a shame for you. It is horrible when you have their best interests at heart but ultimately financial considerations have to be taken into account. I also had to ban mine from upstairs, I have three (all) bedroom carpets with six inch holes in them due to digging. :roll:

They are lucky buns who have a carer who always puts their best interests first!

Aw silly bunnies :( I feel really bad for you Gray, i've just been letting Marvin upstairs with Maisie and he's (suprisingly) been an absolute treat. All he did was jump on my face when I was sleeping leaving me with two scratches :lol:

But I know it will be hard as i'm sure you love them being upstairs, just dislike the damage they cause! Do they understand the word 'no'? It can be so hard to train bunnies...

£675? :shock: Hmm I don't blame you, the thing is once they get a bee intheir bonnet for chewing/digging a certain area they just keep on going so it would only get worse and worse.

Are you planning on moving out of that house any time soon? If not maybe after the wedding you can save up towards getting it replaced before you leave?

Could you not replace the carpet for less than that?

the carpet is all adjoined from the bottom of the stairs, all the way up, into the hallway. I'd have to pay someone to fit it too.

I duno what to do. But i know its not his fault.

Just stressed a bit about it :(

i feel for you! at my last house eric ate some of the plaster and skirting board from a very prominent place on the landing but i managed to cover it up well enough for it not to be noticed:oops:

chilli houdini hamster escaped from his glass tank (lidded) and made a lovely nest underneath a cupboard i had blocked off one of the living room doors with. the whole house had the exact same carpet all the way through and that room alone was huuuge.

i googled carpet repair and managed to get a couple of local blokes round to patch it - very very well!! - for 20 quid:D i know thats not possible with a large amount of damage but there must be a cheaper alternative to replacing all of it?:?

I still think it'd be cheaper to get the carpet and fit it when you can afford to. I'd look about and see.

How about using carpet tiles in the short term?

Perhaps even approaching some carpet suppliers for them to either give or sell to you some of their samples. Might not match your decor, but if damaged they can easily be replaced. :)

i feel for you! at my last house eric ate some of the plaster and skirting board from a very prominent place on the landing but i managed to cover it up well enough for it not to be noticed:oops:

chilli houdini hamster escaped from his glass tank (lidded) and made a lovely nest underneath a cupboard i had blocked off one of the living room doors with. the whole house had the exact same carpet all the way through and that room alone was huuuge.

i googled carpet repair and managed to get a couple of local blokes round to patch it - very very well!! - for 20 quid:D i know thats not possible with a large amount of damage but there must be a cheaper alternative to replacing all of it?:?[/QUOTE]

^^^ this. You never know who can do things...Lots of practical sounding bods on here who might be able to help too.

Also, your buns have TONNES of space so don't feel guilty. I know you liked to let ginger have stairs time for physio, so maybe she could have supervised time to keep those little muscles of hers happy?

Try not to stress too much, I'm sure there's a solution somewhere.

:wave:

Aw don't feel guilty! :wave:

Jack and Hollie had just begun to nibble the carpet at the top of our stairs - and the way Madam has been digging at everything in sight lately I wonder what on earth our house would be like if they were still indoors.......

You give them loads of space - some buns' just don't know when they are on to a good thing. Norrty rabbits.

My MIL had a patch of stair carpet replaced - it was an amazing job but cost a hell of a lot more than £20 (more like (£200) - but that's still less than the deposit.

You are doing the right thing by removing the carpet. You dont know if he'll decide to nibble it one day too and that cant be good for bunny tummies.

Honest - we tried everything with Luckys chew places and it didnt deter him - only seemed to make him more determined :evil:

Hope the decision to ban him from there has made you feel a bit better about things xxx

Aw. We have a hole in our carpet too :( Incidentally, did you try an 'anti-chew' spray at all - we've used it with ours when they take a liking to certain furniture and it does seem to work.

Aw. We have a hole in our carpet too :( Incidentally, did you try an 'anti-chew' spray at all - we've used it with ours when they take a liking to certain furniture and it does seem to work.

mine loved the taste! :shock: :lol:

Back