• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser's odd behaviour this morning ...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I haven't posted much about Spenser becuase I was getting upset at my inability to take the advice kindly and probably rightly offered. :oops: However I want share his rather odd behaviour this morning. :? He is unimpressed by his pellets and greens, although he has nommed a little and devoured three strawberry leaves. The odd thing is that he is, as I type, piling into green oat hay.:? Off to order up more!

I haven't posted much about Spenser becuase I was getting upset at my inability to take the advice kindly and probably rightly offered. :oops: However I want share his rather odd behaviour this morning. :? He is unimpressed by his pellets and greens, although he has nommed a little and devoured three strawberry leaves. The odd thing is that he is, as I type, piling into green oat hay.:? Off to order up more!

well, i didn't fancy cornflakes for my breakfast so i've had chocolate cookies - far yummier;)

at least you've found a hay he likes:) try mixing it with some 'normal' hay so he has to forage - might encourage him to eat more:)

I dunno if it might be the weather changing, spring coming and all that, cos my Herbie has been the same the past few days. He will only eat a tiny bit of veg from the bowl then head over to his hay and munch loads, leaving Inca all the veg to herself (which is fine as she is a skinny wee thing!)

It's great that Spenser is enjoying his hay, Bramble also seemed to eat loads of the stuff yesterday. I normally buy Timothy Hay with Herbage for Bram, but he has loved the Hay cookies we won and they are just meadow hay, so thinking of getting him some of that for a change......wonder how well it will go down.

I expect Spenser will still find time for his other food later! :)

He has graciously nommed some softened pellets now. I usually feed him about 8am - wonder if that is too late, ie. into his doze time? :oops::?

He has graciously nommed some softened pellets now. I usually feed him about 8am - wonder if that is too late, ie. into his doze time? :oops::?

The Big Boys are ready for food as early as I will serve it.

The Little Boys are usually still asleep on these darker mornings and eat later.

Their routine changes with the season changes, so perhaps Spenser is like that too?

The Big Boys are ready for food as early as I will serve it.

The Little Boys are usually still asleep on these darker mornings and eat later.

Their routine changes with the season changes, so perhaps Spenser is like that too?

Yes, good point. :) At least some food is going in Spenser ... and coming out. Yesterday afternoon after having done no poops for ages he sat in his basin, concentrated hard, and produced about 30 (I lost count in the mid 20s). :oops: They were dark and a bit whiffy, but a good size. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with Spenser's issues lately, but eating hay sounds like the best news you could have. Hope everything's okay. :wave:

Funny you should say this, carlo seems to have not as much interest in veg, only hay ;)

Still love the pelletts though, Only thing is he like his leaves to be the darkest green otherwise his majesty will not be nibbling

Glad he is at least eating something but good idea for a little checkover at the vets. Before Joejoe got the stasis i did actually notice they weren't as enthusiastic for their veg as they normally are, they'd nibble a bit then hop off and have hay instead - maybe the veg has got a different taste this time of year or something? You know like how they say sprouts are better after a frost? that kind of thing.

Good he's eating some hay though, at last! :wave:

Yesterday afternoon after having done no poops for ages he sat in his basin, concentrated hard, and produced about 30 (I lost count in the mid 20s). :oops:

All credit to you for even counting as far as 20. :lol::lol::lol:

Back