• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed Doe making a nest?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone else seen this before?

Ginger's just made an almost perfect nest, out of hay.

No fur that i can see.

esme often does.
so does eric occasionally:oops:

i think there are quite a few buns that do so but i was told that maybe a small amount of uterine tissue (or something) had been left behind during the spay so could cause it.

:lol: Awesome. My Dopeys do this. Its not a major deal, just be aare things with her and Biccy may be a bit tetchy, but she will dismantle it in due course.

B&G are tetchy atm anyway. Lots of random chasing occuring and Biscuit has the devil in him atm anyway.

I'll keep an extra eye (i need about 6 now!) on them.

Never seen it before, just thought it was odd :wave:

Re the uterine tissue being left, could there be any cause for concern there? What with Uterine Cancer etc?

B&G are tetchy atm anyway. Lots of random chasing occuring and Biscuit has the devil in him atm anyway.

I'll keep an extra eye (i need about 6 now!) on them.

Never seen it before, just thought it was odd :wave:

Re the uterine tissue being left, could there be any cause for concern there? What with Uterine Cancer etc?

i'll try and find the post gray, it wasn't long ago.

:shock: :?

Okay, now im concerned :(

Guess its just a case of keeping an eye on her :roll:

snap!!! i thought (hoped) that maybe es remembered the feeling of nesting as she wasn't spayed til she was 2.

another thing to worry about:(

How long have you had Ginger? It must be about 6 months now mustn't it? Try not to worry until she starts doing it regularly, it's probably a one-off. :)

Back