• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone lock me out of my bank account please...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...and take all of my cards away from me!

I nearly, so very nearly bought 2 bunnies from 2 different pet shops Saturday morning :shock:

One was a sandy blue lop eared bunny. Local Garden Centre, was in a 4x4 pen on his own. 9 weeks old. Very pretty looking, but had a tear in one of his ears, guessing from a litter mate/mum.

Nobody is going to buy him. So now they've put him in a 2ft indoor cage sat on top of the pens with nowhere to hide :cry:

I've screamed at them about it (my OH had to leave, she was so upset by it).

I'm going to try and go back in the next few days to see how he is :(

The other was the grey/white lionhead i posted about a few weeks ago. He's still there :cry:

I'm finding it so difficult right now. Someone talk sense to me please. I'm in no position to offer anybun a home right now :(

It's so hard isn't it. :( I've stopped going in now and if I have to I don't go and look.

It's so hard Gray :(

We can't help them all but we can make a difference to a few and you have already done that with B&G. Carry on educating people where you can, supporting RU, offering advice, promoting rabbit welfare and voicing your concerns where appropriate (like this situ).

You probably under estimate how much you actually do. It never feels like enough I know and I had just this discussion with my OH last night.

((hugs))

I feel for you Gray, I was about to buy a bun on Saturday from P@H, was 5/6 months old, in the adoption centre because it was too fluffy and needed grooming. I literally got to the till and asked for her, only to be told someone had reserved her.

I didn't have the heart to go back and check the next day :(

We cant rehome them all :(
Its really hard that they are still there everytime you visit :(

I always take someone with me to stop me taking them all home :roll: :(

Poor bunnies x

Back