• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A year ago ...

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
...I adopted little Inca as a Valentines gift for my hubby (although she quickly became "my" rabbit!) :love:

Inca actually arrived on 12th Feb but we use Valentines day to mark her coming into our lives and making us a little family :love:

For those who don't know the story.....

Chris had wanted another rabbit since losing his beloved Badger a couple of summers before. We had agreed to wait as we were flitting between two houses and didn't want the commitment of another animal until we were more settled and both residing in one house.

Last February, having been married just four months, I felt more settled and we were physically more settled as by then we were both based at mine :)

I searched online for rabbit rescues and Honeybunnies hopped out at me, specifically a lil bun called Inca :D I spoke to Jill and grinned from ear to ear when she suggested, without prompting that Inca would be an ideal bun for us and that she had been overlooked for 12 months :( I felt she was just meant to be ours :love:

We adored Inca from the start. She was such delight and such a clean, good little house bunny. Very timid to begin with, it took her six weeks to really start exploring and to settle. She started out in a pen as her base with time out whenever I was around. It soon became clear though that we could leave her free ranging 24/7 without concerns and within 4-5 weeks she had access to the entire house :D:D She litter trained herself in 10 mins flat and never once had an accident. We just couldn't ask for more perfect bunny :love: By the third month she was getting quite brave and would sit with her front paws on my leg and nibble sunflower hearts one at a time, she was so gentle.

Then very suddenly and without warning, she became very very poorly. We battled for five days to save her. She stayed at the vets overnight & had IV fluids for 3 days, teeth were checked, was syringe fed, had pain relief etc etc. I consulted with Jill throughout and the vets tried all manner of treatments.

By day five she had reduced from our silky little bundle of fun to a skeleton racked with pain who just wasn't going to recover and was barely recognisable. My heart broke a million times as she looked up at me and seemed to say "let me go now mummy, I'm so tired":cry::cry:

So let her go I did and although I know it was the right thing to do, the moment still haunts me and Chris and I still miss her very very much.

It is because of Inca that I do what I can for Honeybunnies, am a member of RU and will continue to try to help raise rabbit welfare standards throughout the UK. She started something very special.

Inca is buried under the apple tree that raised so much money for Honeybunnies last Autumn.

Inca, you changed our lives...forever x

Incaonbinkypadsleepy.jpg

Inca was a beautiful little bunny Fluffers.

Her being with you means you and honeybunnies can help so many other bunnies.

What a special little girl :love:

Thanks Guys :) I don't mean to make this special day sad. I hope I haven't.

Like too many rabbits, Inca had a dreadful start in life but from being rescued and at the end she knew only love and we remember that. We celebrate Inca's time with us and all that she brought to us :)

She truly was one beautiful bunster. So lucky to have found her perfect parents.

My namesake bun Inca said she sends you special bunny hugs today. xx

Such a special bunny. I remember seeing a video of her binkying and fell in love instantly. :love:

Such a special bunny. I remember seeing a video of her binkying and fell in love instantly. :love:

I did lots of videos, photos - thankfully. It's so strange to watch them again now, like she's still here really. I fell in love instantly too :love: I remember choking back the tears when Jill brought her round to the house. I was so embarrassed :oops:

sorry - i didn't mean to seem sad:oops: i just get very very touched when i think about that 'special' bun that has changed our lives and what we will strive to do for all bunnies in the future:love:

sorry - i didn't mean to seem sad:oops: i just get very very touched when i think about that 'special' bun that has changed our lives and what we will strive to do for all bunnies in the future:love:

You don't need to apologise silly x

I was very sad when I was typing out her story, tears streaming down my face in fact but then I go out and see little foster bun Paw Paw, give her some nose rubs & nom noms and feel better knowing that I'm making a difference to her life :)

Last edited:
I remember Inca. She got very lucky to come to your home and live out the rest of her life there. Its just tragically sad it was much shorter than anyone expected, or than it should have been.

I've always wondered about Inca's story but didn't quite like to ask. It's sad that her time with you was so short, but it sounds like it was real quality time - and what a legacy she has left. :love:

I always think of Inca :love:

She was ill the same time Twinkle was ill and they looked similar...

So special for one so small - RIP little one xxx

That's a lovely post about her, she sounds like she was a lovely bunny who was lucky to have you as her mummy and you to have her as a bunny xxx

Back