• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside Run Ideas

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Hello :wave:
I'm hoping this summer my father would be willing to build me a new outdoors run (if we can gather funds..) to connect to the hutch. If you could post some pictures of nice, largish runs that would be great. I want it to be wooden and have a nice movable top. If you had some direct plans, that would be even better for my dad to work off of.

P.S. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, but I couldn't find any other suitable threads. Hope this isn't a repeat!

Thank you!! :D

I'd build a walkk in run if I could...makes being with them so much easier - youre not crawling about on your knee's and bumping your head or worried the gonna jump out...!:wave:

My run is attached to my shed/wendyhouse thing, but it may give you something to work from. :) Overall it is 13ft x 10ft x 3ft high. I love it being the height it is as it means they can have other levels/platforms in it.
As you can see it it is split into two halves and the bigger half needs a roof putting on it - just need to get my dad to move his bum and do it for me :roll: So they are only allowed in there when supervised :wave:
016.jpg

036.jpg

ETA - and ignore the bit of chicken wire it has been replaced with proper mesh :wave:

My run is attached to my shed/wendyhouse thing, but it may give you something to work from. :) Overall it is 13ft x 10ft x 3ft high. I love it being the height it is as it means they can have other levels/platforms in it.
As you can see it it is split into two halves and the bigger half needs a roof putting on it - just need to get my dad to move his bum and do it for me :roll: So they are only allowed in there when supervised :wave:
016.jpg

036.jpg

Sorry I looked in on this thread by accident and am so surprised and delighted to see such an amazing outdoor area for your bunnies. It looks fantastic, they must have a beautiful life with you.
ps.can I borrow it for my two children when they get naughty?!?hehe

016.jpg

036.jpg

Sorry I looked in on this thread by accident and am so surprised and delighted to see such an amazing outdoor area for your bunnies. It looks fantastic, they must have a beautiful life with you.
ps.can I borrow it for my two children when they get naughty?!?hehe

:oops::oops: Thanks

:lol: I think the bunnies might have something to say about that!

Wow, what a lovely run! I really do like it a lot. How did you place the stones near the fence, to keep them from digging out? My two are very much into digging. :)

I was trying to convince my dad to make me an aviary, but after doing the aviary-type thing with our chickens, he thinks it will cost too much. Would love one, though.

If your two are fans of digging then you'd be better of with paving stones under the attached run, and only letting them on grass supervised. Paving stones cost like £4 a square at places like focus.

Runs are really easy to make (she says before she attempts to make her first) :lol: good luck, and remember to make it so you can easily clean it out. :wave:

I was thinking of using some sort of stones. Do you just go around the perimeter of the run, or the whole thing..? And any suggestions on easy-cleaning layouts, or any more tips period? Thank you very much. :D

I was thinking of using some sort of stones. Do you just go around the perimeter of the run, or the whole thing..? And any suggestions on easy-cleaning layouts, or any more tips period? Thank you very much. :D

It's best to cover the hole base. I've heard a story of a male digging a hole from his run into a females run, impregnating her and going back into his own run, :lol: so if you don't want bunny to escape don't leave a permanently attached run on grass.

Sweeping is a God send with bunnies, make sure you can lift the whole roof or have it tall enough to walk into.

Back