• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance and unclaimed illnesses

nessar

Warren Veteran
Right so I have just today taken out petplan cover for my boy today.

Yet this evening I notice that his eye is still weeping a tiny bit. He hasnt had any problems in the 5 months or so that I have had him, so I put on the form that he hadnt any problems. The insurance says it wont cover any illness that occurs within 14 days of insuring him.

So if I take him to the vets tomorrow or tuesday, which I will be doing, and there is something wrong, do I have to report it to them as I wont be claiming anyway? I'm sure its nothing serious but I'm scared they will then exclude all eye problems or something.

And do I need to report that he has a weepy eye if there is actually nothing wrong?

Its only started running a tiny bit over the past week or so, and hes also had sneezing bouts, he normally sneezes 4 times in quick succession, once or twice a day. Its usually in the same place too, which makes me think it might be something in the environment, though I cant think what.

Any advice on any aspect of this?

I think anything you visit the vets with before the 14days are up they'll need to know about as it'll be classed as a pre-existing condition or treatment prior to the commencement of the policy..

Take him to the vets and see what they say. If it's just a runny eye then there would be no need to report it would there? I'm sure your vet will be adble to advise too. Good luck, I hope it's nothing. :wave:

Back