• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sores on back feet?

VickyC83

Mama Doe
Bunzle has a lump on the heel of each of his back bumpers. I took him to the vet and had them checked out when I first noticed them. The vet said they were nothing to worry about, as they weren't sore or anything.

I think he's got the cos he spins on his heels instead of hopping round to turn (unless he's binking).

I got up last Monday, and noticed a little blood on his bedding, which was still fresh. I got him straight out and examined him, but couldn't find where it was coming from. He's fine, eating, drinking running.playing etc.

I've just been cuddling and checking him, and noticed the lumps are pinker than normal. He doesn't jump when I touch them though. I'm almost certain that's where the blood came from.

Does anyone have any advice?

Im guessing he has sore hocks. A little sudocrem or aloe vera gel usually helps take the redness away. If you are worried, or if they look like they may be infected, he may need to see a vet. Hope he will be ok xx

Thank you. They're not infected, thank god. :)
Want them to heal before he starts to go back outside though. Just wanted some advice before I take him back to the vet. He has issues with the vet since he had cystitis :lol: don't want to upset him if I don't have to x

Back