• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do people think collapsable runs for play house

Hi,:wave: its not long now till i get my 2 rescue bunnies and i cant wait. I have a 5ft by 4ft play house on the way and have great ideas to set it up, ive been lucky and got some great bargins, the garden centre down the road is unfortunatly closing the pet department so is selling things off, 50% and this weekend 75% off which has meant i have been able to buy all the essentials, brushes, hay, chew toys hay mangers etc etc. Anyway back to the original question, im looking for a 5ft by 4ft run with a good height to fix to the play house and ive seem a good sturdy one at happy hutch. I have noticed that some people have mentioned on previous threads that they dont recommend collapsible ones for permanent runs, can anyone recommend the happy hutch ones (they look really strong) or recommend any others of this size, It needs to be5ft b y 4 ft and i would like a good height, not like most which are only 18-24 inches.
Many thanks:D

Hi :wave: Have you thought about making your own run to attach to the playhouse? Using batons and a strong foxproof mesh. It tends to work out alot cheaper than the ones you can buy and will be stronger if you attach it to the house permanantly.

The other advantage is that you can make it as big & tall as you like.
I found when looking to buy one originally, none of the ones I found were tall enough :( no room for periscoping etc (especially if its an uppy eared bunny,)so all of mine I made myself, and if I can do it then anyone can :lol:

Good luck with your new bunnies and can't wait for the pictures :D

Back