• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inventive and fun toys!

Jenniec19

New Kit
Hi there,

I have just got home yesterday with two beautiful dwarf lops, who are two years old and needed a new home. They are settling in really well and are so friendly and fun.

I really want to give them a furfilled fun life and am looking for great ideas to play and stimulate them. Toys for them to have in their run when I'm not there and things for me to do with them to play. I'm not really into spending a lot of money because I think with a bit of time and imagination (and your help!) I can make and create some fun things for them to do and play with. e.g Drainage pipes.
They have been well looked after but they are a little overweight so alot of exercise and not to many treats I think.

So what are your rabbits favourite things to do and play with?

My rabbits like tunnels, boxes filled with treats and hay etc, cardboard toilet rolls filled with herbs and hay, shredding things like old yellow pages and newspaper. I have a foster bun here at the moment who loves his 'Jingly ball' he pushes it around for ages (sooooo cute) although i have to take it off him at night:roll:, they like willow toys and branches and my Giants love digging, they have a plant pot filled with soil, although this can get abit messy:shock:

For digging you should tip over a big pot and fill it with soil.
Wooden twigs are good for chewing.
Footballs can be rolled over its fun for rabbits weirdly.

thank you, all those ideas sound fabulous! I especially like the messy plant pot with soil! daft question probably but was thinking of putting plant pots in for them to jump on, are plastic ones safe or am I better only ceramic?

I cut holes in cardboard tubes this morning with my four year old boy and he loved helping me stuff them with hay and the bunnies loved rolling them around, gonna try a new idea each day, thanks everyone.

More ideas still welcome!

ps emmiiee, how do you do it all? I thought I had a busy life with husband, two children and two rabbits! I think you must be superwoman animal lover!x:p

ps emmiiee, how do you do it all? I thought I had a busy life with husband, two children and two rabbits! I think you must be superwoman animal lover!x:p

I don't work :( due to having M.E etc, so can spend most he time when im well with them, and I have a family of 9 so their not all my animals I mainly look after the rabbits and guineas and the hammys(2 are mine the rest my siblings), my mum does the chickens and dogs, and everyone looks after the cats, we all chip it now and again! x

Thanks Schuette, those cardboard balls look great fun for them and I have a four year old boy who is very creative so what a great thing to do together. I've have some small plastic childrens chairs so they would be great fun, I love getting creative and seeing what they enjoy. Thank you.

Emmiiee, wow thats fab that you all get involved, sounds like a lively household! Sounds like they have a wonderful life with you and your family, they are so lucky! Well our two bunnies have had a lovely affect on our family, my boys love them and my husband who didn't like animals and wasnt keen to get them before has fallen head over heels in love! Lovely to (cyber) meet you x

Thanks Schuette, those cardboard balls look great fun for them and I have a four year old boy who is very creative so what a great thing to do together. I've have some small plastic childrens chairs so they would be great fun, I love getting creative and seeing what they enjoy. Thank you.

No problem :thumb:

Hi Emmiiee, I also suffer from CFS. I have an OH and 2 sons and 5 rabbits, 14 chickens, 3 cats and a dog. I dont know about you but I do find them quite theraputic. When I am 'well' I love going out and pottering around feeding them etc and sitting with them. When I am ill then it all gets on top of me. Luckily my 11 year old helps and when I am really bad my mum will come up and clean them all for me. So, I am lucky aswell really. :)
My rabbits like the big bags that the chicken and rabbit food comes in. They are made of thick paper and they love going in them when I leave them on the floor and chewing them up.

I have CFS too ;) Four rabbits is my limit though, in fact four is a little too many for me to be completely honest so my parents help me out.

Back