• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea pig owners please

Measurements wise I read at least 4ft length but I can't remember the other measurements sorry. Do you mean indoor/outdoor, cage/hutch?

Hi. Size wise, the bigger the better. Piggies are not as hardy as rabbits, and at this time of year should be indoors or in a shed or garage (not one used for cars!). I have 3 girls in a heated shed and they are in a 7ft long by 3ft wide pen that has a ramp to a mezzanine level and tubes to play in. Guinea pigs are small, but cant half move when the need arises! In the summer, they love to be out on the grass in a large secure run.:)

Remember that all animals can incur vet costs - caring for guinea pigs is about more than providing suitable sized accommodation. Guinea pigs need a fair bit of time in terms of care as they are not easily litter-trained like rabbits and they poo for England! ;)

Not a dig at you - but maybe for now the rabbits are enough? :)

Regarding accommodation - in my opinion; guinea pigs are better off indoors than outdoors. But if you do keep them outdoors it is far better if you can at least put their hutch inside a shed / garage over winter as they are much more vulnerable to temperature fluctuations than rabbits.

You may find (( This website on piggy accommodation )) interesting. But please be careful of the attached forum as they can be errrr..... scary on there! :lol:

As always; the bigger the better. And remember guinea pigs need free-range time etc too. They need more veggies than rabbits as well as they can't produce their own Vitamin C.

Remember that all animals can incur vet costs - caring for guinea pigs is about more than providing suitable sized accommodation. Guinea pigs need a fair bit of time in terms of care as they are not easily litter-trained like rabbits and they poo for England! ;)

Not a dig at you - but maybe for now the rabbits are enough? :)

Regarding accommodation - in my opinion; guinea pigs are better off indoors than outdoors. But if you do keep them outdoors it is far better if you can at least put their hutch inside a shed / garage over winter as they are much more vulnerable to temperature fluctuations than rabbits.

You may find (( This website on piggy accommodation )) interesting. But please be careful of the attached forum as they can be errrr..... scary on there! :lol:

As always; the bigger the better. And remember guinea pigs need free-range time etc too. They need more veggies than rabbits as well as they can't produce their own Vitamin C.
yeah I was just seeing if I was a suitable home , but I cant bring them inside so i will just stick with my troublesome bunnies :lol: thanks

Research is always good.... :wave: xx

I think when people haven't had piggies the amount of poo can always be a shock! Have a pic instead....... it's poo-free.....

P1090962.jpg

Research is always good.... :wave: xx

I think when people haven't had piggies the amount of poo can always be a shock! Have a pic instead....... it's poo-free.....

P1090962.jpg

Thanks, I think this picture will fulfil my need for a piggie at the moment until I have some more room for my own :love:

You've changed your mind since bradford :lol: In the discovery area we were just like :shock: how do you pick up a guinea pig? :lol:

Ah they are lovely, but wise decision. :) I do agree about the outside they are far better indoors mine all live in my utility room I can hear Leia squawking when she doesn't get her own way!!! :lol:

Back