• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do rescues reccomend ?

Most recommend sheds/Wendy houses with attatched runs I think :)

Last edited:
Most recommend sheds/Wendy housed with attatched runs I think :)

yeah but if not, at least a 6ft x 2ft x2ft hutch for a pair of buns and a 6ft x 4ft x 2ft run. :) Most rescues say the run must be attached but others don't mind as long as the buns get out in one everyday. :) Oh but my local rspca say hutch must be 3ft deep instead of 2. ;)

yeah but if not, at least a 6ft x 2ft x2ft hutch for a pair of buns and a 6ft x 4ft x 2ft run. :) Most rescues say the run must be attached but others don't mind as long as the buns get out in one everyday. :)
This personally I would want the run attached my lot choose to sit out inn it at all times of day and night and in all sorts of weather but its their choice :D

Wood green animal shelters say.....

Rabbits – 5ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch area, made of wood & 10ft x 5ft 4ft run area made of a wooden frame and covered with chicken wire.

But I think most rescues like a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch with an added 6 x 4 (at least) run attatched.

I was going to say the wood green requirements :wave:

I believe Rabbit Residence requirements for a pair of bunnies under 3kgs is: 6x2hutch with attached 10x6 run :D

But I think most rescues will 'reccomend' a shed/wendyhouse with attached run :)

depends on the buns and the rescue ... best to contact the rescue you intend to deal with .

sheds / playhouses are great ...but not practical for everyone .

I would say go as big as you can ...get an idea what size you are thinking of then contact the rescue to see if it is suitable . ;)

Back