• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone in Dudley/B'ham/Wolverhampton area ...

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
.... who can recommend a local farm please to get bales of hay from? Our usual supplier has become way too expensive for the amount we get through, so am looking to buy by the bale instead.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions xx
(We live in Oldbury, so the closer to there the better really!)

I can't suggest any places but my suggestion for buying farm hay is to take an old single duvet (mine is from a charity shop) to put the bale in to help keep the car clean :D

Abi, we get ours from Fulford Hall Farm on Fulford Hall Road near Earlswood. It's excellent quality because the farmer was telling us they had cut their hay last June before all the wet weather that followed in the summer. It sells for £5 a bale but may be a little far for you to travel unless you combine it with one of your visits to FFHQ :D

Abi, we get ours from Fulford Hall Farm on Fulford Hall Road near Earlswood. It's excellent quality because the farmer was telling us they had cut their hay last June before all the wet weather that followed in the summer. It sells for £5 a bale but may be a little far for you to travel unless you combine it with one of your visits to FFHQ :D

Thanks Gill. As you say, a fair way from mine but definitely an option. Am hoping there's a great farm really close by tho! x

I get my hay from there after you recommended it in another thread and my bunnies love it so thanks for that. I stopped buying dust free hay as they prefer the lovely farm hay :)

Abi, if you want to try some, let me know when you are at FFHQ and will drop off a bag for you there :wave:

We buy ours from AK Feeds in Shenstone.

You saying that Kate, i bought some willow sticks from AK feeds the other day and they had a croft farm sticker on :shock: Maybe i should go to croft farm instead :? Cut the middle man out x

We buy ours from AK Feeds in Shenstone.

You saying that Kate, i bought some willow sticks from AK feeds the other day and they had a croft farm sticker on :shock: Maybe i should go to croft farm instead :? Cut the middle man out x

:shock:

Croft let us go and rummage through the hay and bag it up ourselves! Ensures we always get the very best stuff :D

I go either here or Rosebank Stores, Wythall which is by me and Vickie. Not getting any closer sorry but at least there's a cuppa in it and a visit to bunnies and piggies!!

I get mine from rosebank horse shop in wythall, but might start buying them from the Corn Stores in Redditch as the last couple of bales have been a bit off (BB Mommy recommended it)

I guess they might be a bit far away?

I get mine from rosebank horse shop in wythall, but might start buying them from the Corn Stores in Redditch as the last couple of bales have been a bit off (BB Mommy recommended it)

I guess they might be a bit far away?

Where is this Corn Stores you speak of?? I like to have plenty of options :lol::lol:

Back