• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you clean your rabbit house?

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I clean my rabbit hutches every week i put gloves on and remove everything in them. I sweep everything into the dust pan and tip it over in the black bin.
Then I spray the inside of the hutch with a multi purpose cleaner and then I clean with tissues. I vacuum the rest of the garage too lol as there fur gets everywhere. At night i refill the hutch with newspaper.

I clean my rabbit hutches every week i put gloves on and remove everything in them. I sweep everything into the dust pan and tip it over in the black bin.
Then I spray the inside of the hutch with a multi purpose cleaner and then I clean with tissues. I vacuum the rest of the garage too lol as there fur gets everywhere. At night i refill the hutch with newspaper.

I would use a pet friendly spray or cheaper still a white vinegar mix. I would worry about a multi purpose spay. :wave:

I empty everything out, use animal cage spray 'Nice n Clean', dry with paper towel and re-fill with woodshavings and hay. Charlie does every last poop and pee in a litter tray which get cleaned out every other day so I only do his cage about once a month and even then it seems such a waste of perfectly clean bedding!!!

edited to say, he has four litter trays so it doesn't all sit in one and get cleaned every other day or there'd be a poo mountain! He has one in his cage, two in the living room and one in the dining room.

Last edited:
i clean the litter tray daily, then hoover out the pen every 2nd day.
his bowl and water bottle get washed properly once a week
as does his litter tray and his blanket.

i have a spare bit of carpet under his pen, so other than hoovering it, there isn't much to do :)

Full clean out of the shed every other day, litter tray changed every day. Then once a week the run gets swept out

Every day I sweep their rooms and put it back in the trays. About once a month I mop the floor with vinegar/warm water mix.

Two or three times a week I make up new litter trays and swap them with the old. The old ones then get taken up the allotment and put on the compost heap, the trays brought back here and washed with boiling water and every now and then vinegar.

Every couple of hours if Biscuit's in 'JCB' mode :lol:

But i do litter trays every other day, hoover their home (which happens to be my house :lol:) every day, and do a full dog crate clean out (disinfect, clean, hoover, wipe, replace everything) every week or so.

Aw is he still doing it? Nutmeg is still mixing megazorb with hay :roll: I'm tempted to try a few things see if they help. Maybe some paper over the megazorb.

Back