• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch for 3 rabbits, really need you help:'(

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Asking the same question again, to see if their is any other ideas floating around!

me and my mum just had a massive argument over this, resulting in alot of door slamming and tears!

I plan to get my 3 rabbits neuted and bonded, but need a decent hutch to put them in it CANNOT be a shed/ wendyhouse over 3ft by 3ft, and cannot be a hutch run combo

she has agreed to a chicken coup but people on here said they are no good!:(

I am at my wits end and really right now am thinking of just leaving them living as they are, which i dont want to do!!! they have horrid hutches, I am desprite to change them, but everything i suggest gets met with a dam no :(

I have an idea of getting pets at home hutches buying 2 and knocking them through, but their poor quailty! and won't last long, I really think the chicken coup is the way to go, but if you guys say no im stuffed!

Can you tell us more about what you can have. I have edited your posting as it leaves me a bit confused.

I plan to get my 3 rabbits neuted and bonded, but need a decent hutch to put them in it CANNOT be a shed/ wendyhouse over 3ft by 3ft, and cannot be a hutch run combo

she has agreed to a chicken coup but people on here said they are no good!:( coops are poor use of the space and offer only a very small protected space which when shared with 3 buns is inadequate

I have an idea of getting pets at home hutches buying 2 and knocking them through, but their poor quailty! and won't last long, I really think the chicken coup is the way to go, but if you guys say no im stuffed! this really is a waste of money, you are better spending your money on something which fits the purpose you want without buying it and smashing it up.

Can you give us information about what she will allow in height and floor space. Eg X foot high Y foot deep x Z foot wide.
Will your parents help you with modifying something to fit the purpose you want to use?
Why will they let you have a coop but not a hutch with run?
What is the budget you have to play with?

Sorry for it not making sense, was abit upset and angry when i wrote that! xx

Can you tell us more about what you can have. I have edited your posting as it leaves me a bit confused.

she has agreed to a chicken coup but people on here said they are no good!:( coops are poor use of the space and offer only a very small protected space which when shared with 3 buns is inadequate

even if they only get put away in the coop at night? and are allowed in the run during the day?

Can you give us information about what she will allow in height and floor space. Eg X foot high Y foot deep x Z foot wide.

she was something tht is only like 3 foot wide, it can b upto 5-6ft long tho, and not very night, prefrable window sil hight, cos anything bigger will aparently block light to the concervetory blah blah :)

Will your parents help you with modifying something to fit the purpose you want to use?
mm maybe tho they are like all talk, they talk loadss of stuff but then when it comes to doing it take aggess!!!

cos they run will take u to much room, and i already have a seperate bigger run x

What is the budget you have to play with?[/QUOTE]
i am on disability living allowence, so I can afford things but would have to save for along time! so ideally not very expensice say 200ish cud stretch to 300 if i saved up alot! x

Last edited:
Do you have pics of your current set ups? :) We may be able to help if we know what space you have available.

I only have one full pic but its at night and showing their covers so cant reli see, will post anyway tho, she wants to not to take up room on the patio so the was it quite thin :/ x

154608_1748780237949_1192116864_1994888_4713072_n.jpg

even if they only get put away in the coop at night? and are allowed in the run during the day?

she was something tht is only like 3 foot wide, it can b upto 5-6ft long tho, and not very night, prefrable window sil hight, cos anything bigger will aparently block light to the concervetory blah blah :)

mm maybe tho they are like all talk, they talk loadss of stuff but then when it comes to doing it take aggess!!!

cos they run will take u to much room, and i already have a seperate bigger run x

What is the budget you have to play with?[/QUOTE]
i am on disability living allowence, so I can afford things but would have to save for along time! so ideally not very expensice say 200ish cud stretch to 300 if i saved up alot! x

How off the ground is the window sill?
How big is the run and how far away will the run be? Would it be possible for the run to be attatched to the hutch?

I'm still confused :oops:

The areas that are covered by tarp (under the window and along the back wall)...is that the area you have? or can you have a small part of the patio...say along the back wall and coming forward?

How off the ground is the window sill?
How big is the run and how far away will the run be? Would it be possible for the run to be attatched to the hutch?

*goes to meaure*

1.04 metres

and possible it will be able to be attached! but wud be on patio then, so may alternate patio to grass and back

x

Could you have a permanent run attached to hutch/s on patio and then a fold up run for the grass?

Then you could store the foldable run when the buns arent using it? and they will have plenty of room with the attached run on the patio?

I'm still confused :oops:

The areas that are covered by tarp (under the window and along the back wall)...is that the area you have? or can you have a small part of the patio...say along the back wall and coming forward?

the hutch backing the wall is a guinea hutch, its the hutched backing the fence thats the area x

Could you have a permanent run attached to hutch/s on patio and then a fold up run for the grass?

Then you could store the foldable run when the buns arent using it? and they will have plenty of room with the attached run on the patio?

no not allowed a perminant run on the patio :( mum won't allow it grr

Would I be correct saying that you have the whole of the fence wall to use. I would suggest that that looks bigger than 6 foot, are they 4 foot hutches you have or 3 footer?

If they were 4 footers you could get hutch just under 8 foot, if you can come forward by 3 foot that would give you 24 square foot for the base level.

I know you say you cannot have a hutch over a run, but would you be allowed to have a run at the bottom which would be 3 foot deep with a 2 foot deep hutch on top. That way you would be able to get a hutch and run which would be 2 foot and whilst it woudl go above the height of the sill it would be not obstructing it.

This would give you a 24 square footrun with a 16 square foot hutch. Which makes a total of 40 square feet.

hope that makes sence

Would I be correct saying that you have the whole of the fence wall to use. I would suggest that that looks bigger than 6 foot, are they 4 foot hutches you have or 3 footer?

If they were 4 footers you could get hutch just under 8 foot, if you can come forward by 3 foot that would give you 24 square foot for the base level.

I know you say you cannot have a hutch over a run, but would you be allowed to have a run at the bottom which would be 3 foot deep with a 2 foot deep hutch on top. That way you would be able to get a hutch and run which would be 2 foot and whilst it woudl go above the height of the sill it would be not obstructing it.

This would give you a 24 square footrun with a 16 square foot hutch. Which makes a total of 40 square feet.

hope that makes sence

That's a great idea :D

That's a great idea :D

Something like this would need someone to make it as it is custom made but often getting someone local to do something like this works out cheaper, if it doesnt work out cheaper it would definately last longer and work out more economical than the fir coops which are made from really soft wood.

Just another suggestion, could you put up a permanent run further down the garden and attach it to the hutch with one of the runaround tunnels? I've seen other members on the forum with those types of set ups and they're great for when you've got limited space.

hope that makes sence

they are about 3 and a half foot and the whole width is about 7ft

I think I would be allowed tht with the 3 ft run underneth, and if I could find a hutch with a double hutch ontop 2 foot wide i think tht would be okay!

also I found this one?

http://www.rehutches.com/triple-rabbit-hutch-super-whopper.php

Not really what I wanted but looks good

I think I would be allowed tht with the 3 ft run underneth, and if I could find a hutch with a double hutch ontop 2 foot wide i think tht would be okay!

also I found this one?

Most of these companies will also make exactly what you want if you ask. Ryedale are very nice hutches and will last, they will also make alterations to suit your needs. You could ask them about making one which fits the width you have made to 3 foot on the base and may be 2 additional 2 foot levels on top. You will need to work out how you get into the run to access the hutches.

It is good that you are coming up with alternative ideas, these you need to slowly drip feed into your parents to get them to come around to certain ideas where the emphasis needs to be that you havent taken over the patio or the garden and what you are putting in will be tidy and not an eyesore.

also I found this one?

It's a little too expensive got what you get , there's a place near me that makes 6th triples for £205. How about having a joiner or carpenter make you a 7ft X 4 ft hutch or something :)

Back