• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caught a Domesticated Bunny with Balance Issues

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

I'm over visiting my parents and there are a lot of abandoned bunnies at the hospital near here. They have been feeding them and recently one of the buns has been falling over to one side and her back end almost looks like atrophied or damaged in some way. It has been getting worse and worse.

So yesterday we caught her and took her in to the Animal Hospital which is afiliated with the spca. She is beautiful and I wish I could have kept her but I don't know if she has a disease that my buns would catch. Also when you catch rabbits here in order to keep them you have to apply for a license to own feral rabbits. She's considered feral as she was released. :( Even though she's only been at the hospital park for a few months. Poor thing. She's super friendly and beautiful. She is black and white with spots.

We will find out on monday what she has or if something had attacked her, etc. The rabbit Vet will be dropping by. Does anyone have any idea what it could be though?? I don't think its' EC as her eyes are moving in that way.

She looks very alert just her back end looks damaged in some way and her balance is really bad.

Sigh... poor little bunnikin.

Lynn

Well done for catching her and taking her to the vet for help. Poor little thing. Sending vibes that she is treatable and can find a loving forever home of her own. Setting her out into the wild again would be awful x

Aww well done for catching the little lady and getting her to a vet :love:
It could still be EC even though she doesnt have nystagmus. It certainky sounds like it is.
It may also be that she could have damaged her spine or back kegs in some way :? Lets hope not.
Sending loads of vibes for her xxx

Back