• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel like im letting my rabbits down at the mo :(

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Had planned to get 3 out of 5 of my rabbits neuted and bonded and in a new big hutch by the summer, but been doing some sums and stuff etc, and worked out to get 3 of them neuted will take 3 months I can only afford one a month,

And then for the hutch I want its gona take another 3-4months, the one I was is about £500ish so their not gona be hopefully bonded untill i no I have enough money to afford the hutch, so their not going to be in their new hutch untill the end of summer :( I wanted to enjoy them out in the summer, I have them a new big run to play and hop around in on the grass, and now its unlikly to happen :(

Arghh I can't ever seem to have the perfect set up, I want the best for my rabbit but with one thing and anonter (mainly parents) I feel like there missing out ! :(

I don't think you're letting them down, you're just in a transitional phase right now. Yes, it may be taking longer, but it will be so worth it once you get there. We all get them while waiting for hormones to abate or operations to be done, its just a part of rabbit ownership.

You're doing ok :)

Have you considered a shed/run combo? That would most likely be a lot cheaper than a hutch/run.

Have you considered a shed/run combo? That would most likely be a lot cheaper than a hutch/run.

ha don't even go their my mum will not have a shed under any circumatances in her prescious dam garden! lol

im looking at wendy houses but their all like 4ft wide and she won't have that, I would be with a slim/longg wendy house or shed and no to high x

If this helps.... the rabbits' won't know they're 'missing out' on having summer outside. I wanted to do our rabbit set-up early in the year last year so they could enjoy the summer but it took a lot longer to do than expected (awful weather didn't help!) and I had to save up a lot of money for it. They went outside towards the end of summer - August I think. But the main thing was that they went out early enough to get used to the weather and acclimatise properly and build up a winter coat. They also had a brilliant set-up which was plenty big enough for them. :)

On nice days I felt so 'bloomin frustrated that they were indoors but it all worked out in the end. You are trying to do the best for them and that's what matters. Better to take your time and do things properly! :wave: xx

If this helps.... the rabbits' won't know they're 'missing out' on having summer outside. I wanted to do our rabbit set-up early in the year last year so they could enjoy the summer but it took a lot longer to do than expected (awful weather didn't help!) and I had to save up a lot of money for it. They went outside towards the end of summer - August I think. But the main thing was that they went out early enough to get used to the weather and acclimatise properly and build up a winter coat. They also had a brilliant set-up which was plenty big enough for them. :)

On nice days I felt so 'bloomin frustrated that they were indoors but it all worked out in the end. You are trying to do the best for them and that's what matters. Better to take your time and do things properly! :wave: xx

2 out of 3 of the rabs i want to bond are outside, but just stuck in their old hutches all day! I hate them being in their ! x

2 out of 3 of the rabs i want to bond are outside, but just stuck in their old hutches all day! I hate them being in their ! x

could you get or build a run in the meantime? You'll need a run when you get the bigger hutch eventually anyway, so you could get/build one that is compatible. That way it is a step in the right direction of that final dream setup.

could you get or build a run in the meantime? You'll need a run when you get the bigger hutch eventually anyway, so you could get/build one that is compatible. That way it is a step in the right direction of that final dream setup.

I have a big run, but ofcourse mums moaning its to big, so the run is ready and waiting x

You're doing the best you can. :wave: Like Hanlou says, it's better to take your time and do things separately. I can sympathise, because I'd like to improve Spenser's set-up ... but it's not my garden, and I have to respect that too.

Back