• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Their new home is ready!

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
Recently my mum said she'd like the rabbits to have more space but she didn't want it to interfear with her garden, so we started to design a sturdy, nicer looking rabbit run. We wanted to keep our original hutch as it's nice looking and suits them well. Plus I'm a bit stuck for cash atm ;) The wood to make the run was around £60 including screws and hinges etc so it worked out cheaper then buying one. We designed the run to be 4ft by 7ft, originally the hutch would sit on top but it would tower over the garden so we have it at one end of the run. The old run was actually a lot smaller then I though, about 5 ft by 4 ft. I've done a time line of photos for you all to see! Here they are!

It took me ages to dig out that area between the old run and the Budlia Bush!
12.jpg

After an hour of excitement and binkying around the old run, Thumper and Blossom start relaxing while we get busy digging out their new pad ;)
11.jpg

Leveling the ground out with mud isn't easy!
13.jpg

We've now removed the old run and moved the rabbits in their hutch to the end of the garden while we get to work. The bottom hutch was very tatty so we took it to the tip, it wasn't really repairable unfortunatly.
14.jpg

Just because we all like to see photos of our bunnies bums!
15.jpg

All leveled out, now to concertrate on the building of the run!
16.jpg

Good 'o' Daddy got the drill out to help make the run extra secure! We used the panels off of the old run and cut them where they needed to be cut to make the run very ridged and secure as we have foxes in the areas.
17.jpg

TaDa!!! All done! It may not look it, but the hutch is actually raised off the ground ;) the Hutch cover just drapes over the exposed area.
18.jpg

The bunnies don't like the rain :( But they came out breifly for a hop about, they liked it! All they need now are toys!
19.jpg

Just another angle. I'm very happy, lots more room for my tiny rabbits to hop and play in :) Next task, get Blossom spayed!
20.jpg

All we need to do now is buy a couple of tunels for the bunnies, fill in the gap on the left with some mud, add some grass seed/turf and TaDa! All complete :D

Back