• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So hard to get alpha alpha hay

lostsouls65

Warren Scout
Alpha alpha hay is my rabbits favourite hay but so difficult to find. They actually prefer it to pellets. Wish I could find a supplier so I could order some, any suggetions guys?

You might find it easier with it's proper name - aflalfa - should help you find it in search engines more easily.

002-13.jpg

is this it??

x

Thank you :wave:

I'm trying to help a friend to get her rabbit eating hay but she is resisting! enjoying apple twigs from my garden though - thourght she might like the alfalfa to try.

Do they like apple leaves and branches? I have heard they love chewing on the twigs?

Thank you :wave:

I'm trying to help a friend to get her rabbit eating hay but she is resisting! enjoying apple twigs from my garden though - thourght she might like the alfalfa to try.

Yes they enjoy them very much here and the friends rabbit adores them too - fortunately we have just had an apple tree in our garden pruned heavily so they have a mountain to get through!

Just to point out that the product in that photo there is made by Alfalfa King but it is actually Timothy hay. So hopefully that is exactly what you were looking for because Timothy hay is really good for your bunny :) Alfalfa hay itself is actually not recommended to be fed to adult bunnies as it is much higher in protein and calcium than normal hays like meadow, timothy or orchard grass, so can cause health problems if too much is fed. So fingers crossed it's Alfalfa King brand and not alfalfa hay itself that you're after :)

Whatever you're looking for, I would recommend the Hay Experts www.thehayexperts.co.uk there is an excellent range of really good quality products so there's bound to be something your bun/s will like :)

Just to point out that the product in that photo there is made by Alfalfa King but it is actually Timothy hay. So hopefully that is exactly what you were looking for because Timothy hay is really good for your bunny :) Alfalfa hay itself is actually not recommended to be fed to adult bunnies as it is much higher in protein and calcium than normal hays like meadow, timothy or orchard grass, so can cause health problems if too much is fed. So fingers crossed it's Alfalfa King brand and not alfalfa hay itself that you're after :)

Whatever you're looking for, I would recommend the Hay Experts www.thehayexperts.co.uk there is an excellent range of really good quality products so there's bound to be something your bun/s will like :)

Yes, I was reading that on the product information. I think the OP said she mixes it in with meadow hay.

I am mixing the hay with other hay :D they cant have too much of a good thing, well balanced diet is essential for the little ones
Thanks for all the advise guys :wave:

Back