• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What brush do you use

The furminator is fantastic :D

I use one on my long haired cats. Amazing.

I've not used one on the rabbits though.

I just have a small soft brush as I haven't reached any mass moulting stages yet. I just use it on my lionhead to try and keep her coat nice. Though I've only had her a few weeks - anyone know how much a lionhead needs brushing? I don't want her to get any knots or anything.

I use a rubber glove and it works like a dream. In fact I have several and one of the best ones is meant to be a rubber human massage mit and has bobbles on it.

It draws up the dead fluffet very quickly, the fur sticks to the glove and the rabbit thinks they are getting a lovely rub down rather than being frightened of a hard brush. :D

I've got a furminator but the buns hated it. People rave about them but I found it dragged on their skin too much, so I use one of the slicker brushes linked to at the beginning.

I like the rubber glove idea. :thumb: Somebody suggested using your wet hands but I didn't like the feel of all the hairs all over me. :oops: :lol:

I got a smallish yellow brush too!! I got mine from a BRILLIANT pet shop! It's good because they don't sell ANY pets whatsoever and they give you advice and also a choice. e.g I couldn't decide whether to get a 3ft hutch or not and she asked questions about the breed and she actually said "It's up to you as long as you extend it to at least a 4ft soon"!!!:D

Last edited:
I use a rubber glove and it works like a dream. In fact I have several and one of the best ones is meant to be a rubber human massage mit and has bobbles on it.

It draws up the dead fluffet very quickly, the fur sticks to the glove and the rabbit thinks they are getting a lovely rub down rather than being frightened of a hard brush. :D

Where did you get that from Duchess? I have a cheap one but it doesn't get down into the fur very far.

I usually use a comb for mine. I've never got on with brushes.

Where did you get that from Duchess? I have a cheap one but it doesn't get down into the fur very far.

I usually use a comb for mine. I've never got on with brushes.

This is the exact one I have, in fact I have two, but they both came from car boots sales. http://www.soapandglory.com/products/bath-body/jumbo-massage-glove?fromSearch=c2hvdz1hbGwmb3JkZXJieT1kYXRlJm9yZGVyPWRlc2MmY2F0ZWdvcmllcyU1QiU1RD0xMDU=

It is incredibly soft rubber and so it's sticky on your hand and sort of wraps round, unlike some of the harder ones that are sort of flat. It is great and doubles up for getting fluffet of the sofa or clothes too :)

Bit pricey but have to say it's a great product for de-fluffing. Sure you can get the same type of thing from Superdrug or similar. In fact cotton gloves with rubber dots for gardening would probably do a similar job.:D

This is the exact one I have, in fact I have two, but they both came from car boots sales. http://www.soapandglory.com/products/bath-body/jumbo-massage-glove?fromSearch=c2hvdz1hbGwmb3JkZXJieT1kYXRlJm9yZGVyPWRlc2MmY2F0ZWdvcmllcyU1QiU1RD0xMDU=

It is incredibly soft rubber and so it's sticky on your hand and sort of wraps round, unlike some of the harder ones that are sort of flat. It is great and doubles up for getting fluffet of the sofa or clothes too :)

Bit pricey but have to say it's a great product for de-fluffing. Sure you can get the same type of thing from Superdrug or similar. In fact cotton gloves with rubber dots for gardening would probably do a similar job.:D

Thanks!! :D How did you know I'd bought new gardening gloves? ;)

I got a smallish yellow brush too!! I got mine from a BRILLIANT pet shop! It's good because they don't sell ANY pets whatsoever and they give you advice and also a choice. e.g I couldn't decide whether to get a 3ft hutch or not and she asked questions about the breed and she actually said "It's up to you as long as you extend it to at least a 4ft soon"!!!:D

Not for a rabbit though?

Back