• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GRRR Facebook

Starlight

Warren Veteran
male bunny, 6 months old, well behaved free to a gud home as owner is gettin a dog and doesn't have enough room.... inbox me x

My responses:

Oh for ***** sake. Are you joking?
PLEASE don't give as free. He will end up as dog bait.

Or how about owner doesn't get a dog. Then the bunny has plenty of room :)

Their response:

Na she wants a dog for her son to play wit as the bunny dnt do **** all lol x

My response:

I run a rabbit rescue. Therefore I am fuming. I hear this excuse day in, ******* day out. And I am ALWAYS the one to pick up the pieces. Rabbits are not suitable pets for children as they are prey animals and like their own space. Let me guess, bunny is not neutered or vaccinated either?

I agree with you. :wave:

Are people naturally this stupid or do they have to take special lessons to get that way? :evil::censored:

Yet another, "rabbits are disposible items" attitude. :cry::cry:

All of you that run rabbit rescues appear to have endless patience and forbearance. :roll:

I would be very tempted to give him/her a piece of my mind. There certainly appears to be plenty of vacant space in his/hers. :censored:

Oh dear. That makes me sad - why do people not research the animals personality first? It's obvious a rabbit interacts in a completely different way to a dog. Why must they assume all pets "should act the same."

My rabbits are great. My little Pomme likes to chew my socks and Terry will jump up on me for some love if I sit on the floor whilst he's playing. It's about understanding the different types of communication between 2 species - humans and rabbits. Like how we learn other languages if you know your pets language their interactions always mean so much more.

:censored:

a while back i rang after seeing an advert 'free to a good home' when i explained that the rabbit would probably end up as snake food the woman said 'yeah, my husband used to get frebbies outta the paper to feed his snake':censored:

cannot believe some people:cry:

This is so sad! I took in Bupu, Esme and Goldmoon from a woman who wanted to rehome her guinea pigs because her daughter was bored and wanted a dog! I held my tongue because I wanted them to live out their reminding time with us. After a couple of weeks I got an email from the woman asking could she have updates on the girls as her daughter was missing them.

I replied that she handed over the care and responsibility to me and that I wouldn't be sending photos over! You can't expect to offload your animals and then expect updates!

I still have Goldmoon who is 6 now but we sadly lost Bupu in September 2009 and Esme in 2010.

What happens when this person gets cheesed off with the dog? What pet will they want next?

Another reason why I am happy to foster but couldn't deal with the people who are surrendering their animals. I would end up in jail for assault!

It's all to easy for people to get rabbits from pet shops....you can just stroll in and get one....minimal/non-existent queries about owner suitability from the staff...variable help/advice in getting on with your rabbit and doing right by him/her.
I guess rabbits won't do **** all if they're cooped up in a tiny hutch without interaction. What did she expect the poor thing to do?? Cartwheels??
Grrrrrrr....

It really annoys me when ignorant people make such stupid statements as "the bunny doesn't do anything". Its the stupid people who don't put the effort in that don't do anything not the poor innocent rabbit.

Back