• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay from the hay experts or hay for pets??

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: I have decided to change my rabbits hay, I have been having a look online and can't decide between the welsh meadow hay from the hay experts or the Ings hay from hay for pets, what would you recommend? And can I change their hay straight away or do I need to gradually introduce it? I have only just found the website 'the hay experts' and it looks good, I am ordering some presents for Beano's birthday from there. How big is the bags of hay their as my two go through a lot and the Ings hay from hay for pets says how big the bags are. Thankyou :)

I don't know about the actual hay but the hay experts customer service is second to none and all their products are high quality. I would choose them every time :)

I've never used the hay experts but I got the Ings hay for pets, and they are brilliant! The hay smells lovely (and Oscar loves it) and the man who runs it is fantastic.

I have never used the other place you mentioned, but the hay experts is brilliant, I always order my treats from there. However, I find it too expensive to make regular orders, and get farm hay instead at £3 for a bale. However, I used to live in east yorkshire and never found a decent supplier there! I used to use Dust free hay.

Another Hay Experts fan here :wave:

Although I've never used Hay for Pets, so I can't give a comparison.

The Hay Experts says what sizes the bags of hay are too.

I use both now. I am now buying my main hay plus straw from Hay for Pets (the Ings one) and I order other things from The Hay Experts, eg. Oat, Wheat and Barley hay and treats etc. Both have excellent customer service :D

Thankyou everyone :) I have ordered some treats from the hay experts, I think I will use both and do what Littlemeg37 does, order treats, toys and special hay from the hay expets and order their main hay, the Ings hay, from hay for pets? :) Just wanted to see what your opinions are before I buy :)

why dont you get a sample pack from hay for pets? its £3 and includes a sample of each of their 3 hays.

Sample packs are good. My Spenser wouldn't have anything to do with Welsh meadow hay from either Hay Experts or Animal Magic - but he is VERY fussy. Hope Gordon and Beano approve of your selection. With a pair chances are that at least one will like and the other will copy so as not to miss out.

Thankyou, Beano isn't fussy with hay and I don't think Gordon is either. Beano has had at least 3 different types of hay and has eaten all, Gordon has had at least 2 as far as I know (the type the rescue fed and the type I feed at the moment) so I think they should be ok with what ever I choose. I will order some sample packs from hay for pets :)

I can't order anything from hay for pets because it needs paypal and my parents paypal won't work, we've tried creating new acounts but it keeps saying the email/passwords are not valid and won't work :( Is there any other way I could pay?

I can't order anything from hay for pets because it needs paypal and my parents paypal won't work, we've tried creating new acounts but it keeps saying the email/passwords are not valid and won't work :( Is there any other way I could pay?

I would ring them and see.

It does say on their website

Payments accepted via PayPal - no PayPal account necessary. and there is a phone number
Tel 07812 127160

I've never heard of hay for pets before. I'll keep them bookmarked for just in cases. I use dustfreehay.co.uk for meadow hay in bulk and treat hay from the Hay Experts.

Back