• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Closed

whitehood

Warren Veteran
:(
I need to find a one year old female lop in west london.
I've never adopted a rabbit from a rescue and I really want to now i realise they need homes urgently.
But if i can't find a female 1 year old lop then what ? :?

Last edited:
It shouldn't be your perfect rabbit, it should be your bunnies perfect partner, and he should choose. He won't care if its a lop, or big or small, or old, or young; he will choose the right personality for him.

I would suggest contactig your local rescue and talking to them about it and seeing if they can think of a rabbit or two that your bunny might want to date and potentially bond with.

I will check RSPCA, ARC(Animal Rescue and care), A rescue in Greenwich and those really are my only options.

Lots of rescues will rehome nationally and do 'bunny runs' to get the rabbit to you. I'm sure you will be able to find a suitable rabbit in rescue.

It shouldn't be your perfect rabbit, it should be your bunnies perfect partner, and he should choose. He won't care if its a lop, or big or small, or old, or young; he will choose the right personality for him.

This is also true - and of course bear in mind that you won't find your perfect 1 year old female lop in a pet shop either...

I wouldn't go any where near a petshop. There are way too many bunnies in rescues. Do you really need a lop, I initially loved lops but I have uppy eared buns now and love them :love:

Please don't go to a pet shop. It's much better to wait for a rabbit that is just right then go to a pet shop, because pet shop bunnies can often become ill or die earlier in life because of bad breeding, and if you go to a rescue the neutering and vaccinations will already be done. Good Luck! :D

I would suggest contactig your local rescue and talking to them about it and seeing if they can think of a rabbit or two that your bunny might want to date and potentially bond with.
I definitely agree with this. :wave:

I wouldn't go any where near a petshop. There are way too many bunnies in rescues. Do you really need a lop, I initially loved lops but I have uppy eared buns now and love them :love:

This is true. I always thought I preferred lops, but it is always uppy ears I fall in love with :lol:

I have found the perfect bunny on bobtails rescues's website they're located in Surrey :[ NOW What !!! ? :(

But unless you try your bun with every rabbit a rescue has... :? I don't understand why you wouldn't pick 1 rabbit that the rescue has (obviously not a rabbit that likely won't get along with yours) and see how the bonding goes. That way you get the breed you want (most likely) and the rabbit has a friend it likes. I mean, bonding isn't set in stone so there's no definite 'this rabbit will get along better than that one'. I don't know, I just see a lot of people say you should pick a rabbit for your rabbit, not for yourself and it doesn't make any sense to me since you can probably have both... :? Theres no shortage of rescue rabbits. You can just go to another rescue if one rescue had 1 lop that didn't get along with yours (and I'm sure 1 rescue would have more than 1 female lop)

why dont you contact a local rescue and take your bun down for speed dating lops dont only get on with lops etc and itsd much better and less stressful to find a partner your bun likes suggest tot the rescue you would like one of similar age but a slightly younger or older bun is not going to make much difference!x

Back