• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Steeeeeeeeeennnnky piggies!!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Continuing my quest to keep my girls as fresh as possible (I think this may be an impossible task), I have ordered Megazorb.

Anybody use this on their wee stinkers? The constant washing of inco pads and fleeces is getting me down and they stink to high heaven after half an hour of putting down!

Love my girls - hate the poop!!! Please tell me that Megazorb is the answer to my prayers...... :p:p:p

What, no photos of the ladies in question? Do the piggies themselves stink, or is it only their accomodation?

nah, mine stink to high heaven! i tried megazorb - pretty good - but it triggers asthma attacks in me so i stick to loooooaaaaddds of newspaper and hay. i put puppy pads underneath too as picking up piggy doo-doo soaked newspaper ain't nice:mrgreen:

What, no photos of the ladies in question? Do the piggies themselves stink, or is it only their accomodation?

Just the poop! Piggies don't actually smell (except penny when she needs a bath, but that's not her, it's the pee in her nether regions, with her having long hair. ( Reminds me - must get out the gorgeous guinea Lavendar shampoo.) The inco pads take care of pee smell but the other stuff.... :mrgreen: And they do sooooo much of it!!!

nah, mine stink to high heaven! i tried megazorb - pretty good - but it triggers asthma attacks in me so i stick to loooooaaaaddds of newspaper and hay. i put puppy pads underneath too as picking up piggy doo-doo soaked newspaper ain't nice:mrgreen:

I dooooomed to years of piggy poop aren't I?! Have you ever tried .... a little....... cork? Cause I've thought of a little cork!! :lol::lol:

I use paper bedding (rather like shredded strips of loo paper) which is very absorbent and easy to clean. And the pigs seem to like chewing it. It is the least smelly option I have discovered and mine are indoor pigs.

I use paper bedding (rather like shredded strips of loo paper) which is very absorbent and easy to clean. And the pigs seem to like chewing it. It is the least smelly option I have discovered and mine are indoor pigs.

if you don't mind me asking, whats it called and where do you get it from?

Mine have got to the point where they are moving outdoors! Two un-neutered boys sure pong!!!! Plus they will get more space outdoors then where they are now. Interested in bedding that can be used outside.

:lol: I know what you mean! I had my pigs on just newspaper and hay for a few days and it stunk! :shock: They are back on wood shavings now, it's the best for my stinky pigs! :D Well just newspaper and hay in the bedroom area :) I've used it for piggies for over 6 years with no problems what so ever. The rescue I got my guinea pig, Lily, from said she has always used it, over 20 years, and says she has never had problems and there's nothing wrong with it and it's the best thing to use to soak up piggy pee. :thumb:

Mine have got to the point where they are moving outdoors! Two un-neutered boys sure pong!!!! Plus they will get more space outdoors then where they are now. Interested in bedding that can be used outside.

You can get equine bedding - it looks like megazorb but it's cheeper and scented to ward off flies - I keep mine in it when they live outside in the summer.

:lol: I know what you mean! I had my pigs on just newspaper and hay for a few days and it stunk! :shock: They are back on wood shavings now, it's the best for my stinky pigs! :D Well just newspaper and hay in the bedroom area :) I've used it for piggies for over 6 years with no problems what so ever. The rescue I got my guinea pig, Lily, from said she has always used it, over 20 years, and says she has never had problems and there's nothing wrong with it and it's the best thing to use to soak up piggy pee. :thumb:

I think that's what someone else I know on the forum uses. I might try that if the megazorb doesnt work well. With penny having such long hair I was worried that it would get all tangled in it, but maybe not. I could put hay on top. Roll on the summer!!

Mine only smell when theyve decided to wee on eachother in the past. The cages dont really smell other than hay (mmmm hay) even my unneutered male doesnt really smell at all. I use megazorb for bedding, and they get a full disinfect walls cleaned cage cleaned etc once a week and then whatevers needed in between then.

Mine only smell when theyve decided to wee on eachother in the past. The cages dont really smell other than hay (mmmm hay) even my unneutered male doesnt really smell at all. I use megazorb for bedding, and they get a full disinfect walls cleaned cage cleaned etc once a week and then whatevers needed in between then.

Ok, this is encouraging!

Mine have puppy pads with Aubiose on top, and shredded paper to snuggle in and a pile of hay for munching. If they sleep in hay they pee in hay and that's the most stinky stink :mrgreen:

Belated Paper Info from Sue:

Sorry for the delay - it is Virgin Tea Bag Paper produced by:
Clegg Papers LTD, Handel Street, Listerhills, Bradford BD7 1JB
Tel: 01274 735 550
I get mine from Lawsons in Ferryhill (£6.25 a bale, wrapped neatly in a plastic bag). Easy to carry, easy to store and easy to use:D:D

Odd :? - my two don't smell at all and they're on washable inco pads and fleece plus a hay box with megazorb topped with fresh hay. I do try to change the wet hay daily but even if I leave it a day or two, it still doesn't really smell. I change it because I don't want them snuggled in damp stuff. Granted their poops are a bit stinky but I sweep twice daily to keep that under control. Mind you, I get some filthy looks when I knock on the cage door and shout "room service" ...................:lol::lol::lol:

I prefer Aubiose myself. I've 27 pigs and never have a smell issue. I have found its not the poop that smells it is the urine. I find Megazorb a bit dusty for me, manyatime I've put my head in the bag whilst gathering up some for a cage and come out with a layer of powder on my nose!!! :lol:

Back