• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny loss

Fran

Warren Veteran
I feel so numb. I can't believe this time last year I had 6 bunnies and now I've got 2 :cry: Woke up at half 5 this morning and fed them early because I had to check I hadn't lost them as well.

This has to get better

aWw hun (((huge hugs))) :cry:
I lost my Tilly over a year ago and it cut me up and left me devastated. I couldnt see how Id ever get over it. But I promise you, it does get easier.
The pain eases over time and you will come to be content in the knowledge that your bunnies had a great life with you and were very loved.
I found that focusing my attentions on my remaining boy Timmy and my also grieving OH really helped pull me out of my hole.
I wish Id been on here at the time (I joined shortly afterwards) coz I would have loved to have spoken with people that understood. Come on here whenever you need some support, write about your buns if it helps? Maybe even post piccys?
Im really sorry you're going through this :cry::cry: Take care of yourself and allow yourself time to grieve xxxxxx

I can only begin to imagine how you are feeling :cry: I know there are no words that can make things seem better and 'I am so sorry' just seems inadequate in such tragic circumstances :cry:

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))

:cry:

Thank you :(

I just emptied the shed completely, threw everything of theirs away and scrubbed it. His breakfast was still on the floor where I must have left it yesterday.

I want to be able to cry for my bunnies but I just can't.

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you.

I sometimes still get sad over my guineapig who died back in 07 but it does get easier. :wave:

I don't think it is suprising you feel numb, your brain is probably trying to protect you from all the pain at once :( it will hit you at some point, maybe days maybe weeks, grief is a strange thing and different for everyone, there is no right way to handle it and nothing anyone can do to help, but we are all here to listen!
How about going for a nice long walk in a park, I always find getting closer to nature clears my head and let's feelings flow a little better?
If you ever want to talk in person I am here xx

We lost our old bunny Hope on November 5th last years and then we lost Holly on December 1st and then on the 30th January this year I lost my young bunny Cloud who I absolutly adored and I seem to have not stop crying since. I go into her room every morning and open the curtains and say 'Good Morning Cloud' and I shut them every night and say 'Nite nite Cloud' it's something at the moment I have to do as I can't get over the fact she's gone.
I sit and stare at her indoor cage and toys and sob, so I know how you are feeling and sending lots of hugs for you as I know you are hurting to.
You are not on your own :cry:

Last edited:
Thank you. Think I will take the dogs out later for a walk & see if that helps a bit, spent some time with Biscuit & Max earlier as well. It's very hard..

Sorry you're hurting too Tuckerbunnies, thinking of you xx

I am sorry :( You will always miss them, but it does get less raw with time. For no you just have to sit it out though, there are no short cuts :( I am thinking of you and hope your remaining animals can give you some comfort.

My heart goes out to you. Losing one is always difficult, but losing another so close after is devastating :(

I hope you can take some comfort knowing that you gave them all a loving, caring home. x

I can only begin to imagine how you are feeling :cry: I know there are no words that can make things seem better and 'I am so sorry' just seems inadequate in such tragic circumstances :cry:

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))

:cry:

^^This.

I've only just read about Otis. So shocked and upset for you. Thinking of you lots x

i have no idea how to make you feel better hun :cry:

you may never be able to relax after your sudden losses, but honestly you really need to understand this is how bunnies are made :( its hard to accept but these amazing creatures are designed to die and i really believe that. its awful we have to lose them but their amazing characters more than make up for the short time we are blessed with their presence.

numb is good, its our way of helping us to cope with such heartbreak xxxxx

I know they're not designed to live forever and are fragile creatures but this heartbreak just keeps on coming and I honestly don't know how much more I can cope with

I know they're not designed to live forever and are fragile creatures but this heartbreak just keeps on coming and I honestly don't know how much more I can cope with

:cry: i know, its an awful time your having to live through right now, wish i could make it better for you hunny, its just not fair we love them so deep and they die on us but the ones who no one loves seem to hang on to life for many many years :(

:cry: i know, its an awful time your having to live through right now, wish i could make it better for you hunny, its just not fair we love them so deep and they die on us but the ones who no one loves seem to hang on to life for many many years :(

Sorry Donna, just read that back and I think it sounds like a bit of a moan at you :oops: I just hurt :cry:

Back