• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i love when snowball gives me kishes :)

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
snowball is sat giving me shnuffly kishes at the moment :D
lots and lots of them
he is being super loving :)

i think he's scared that jay is going to steal his thunder bless him.
he is being extra cute and cuddly and is snuggled up with me a lot more than he normally would.
little cutie :)

snowball is sat giving me shnuffly kishes at the moment :D
lots and lots of them
he is being super loving :)

i think he's scared that jay is going to steal his thunder bless him.
he is being extra cute and cuddly and is snuggled up with me a lot more than he normally would.
little cutie :)

who's jay?? :oops: sorry if im being dumb x

you aren't being dumb :)

missfloppyears on the forum took in 2 rescue bunnies that she was told were spayed and neutered.
she then discovered that ruby was pregnant and she had been lied to :(

because of this, she has had to separate jay and ruby.
they are in the middle of building the new cage, so have had nowhere for jay to go right now

i am fostering jay for her for a few weeks until he is neutered on the 25th and she has somewhere for him to live.

(please nobody say anything mean to me, i know i don't have the funds to take on a new bunny, but i haven't, i am just fostering him for a few weeks, she needed help and i offered. it will only be for a few weeks until he can go back and live with her. he was brought over tonight and is settling in well. he has been binkying around the hall happily and i am happy to be able to help someone who needed it)

you aren't being dumb :)

missfloppyears on the forum took in 2 rescue bunnies that she was told were spayed and neutered.
she then discovered that ruby was pregnant and she had been lied to :(

because of this, she has had to separate jay and ruby.
they are in the middle of building the new cage, so have had nowhere for jay to go right now

i am fostering jay for her for a few weeks until he is neutered on the 25th and she has somewhere for him to live.

(please nobody say anything mean to me, i know i don't have the funds to take on a new bunny, but i haven't, i am just fostering him for a few weeks, she needed help and i offered. it will only be for a few weeks until he can go back and live with her. he was brought over tonight and is settling in well. he has been binkying around the hall happily and i am happy to be able to help someone who needed it)

ahhhhhh i thought that might have been it but didnt want to just assume :)
good on you for helping her out, seems like a very difficult situation for her to be in xx

ahhhhhh i thought that might have been it but didnt want to just assume :)
good on you for helping her out, seems like a very difficult situation for her to be in xx

anyone would have done the same :)
i feel bad for her - they did everything right, brought them home from a rescue and still ended up in a bad situation. it really sucks :(

anyone would have done the same :)
i feel bad for her - they did everything right, brought them home from a rescue and still ended up in a bad situation. it really sucks :(

has snowball been neutred yet?? just because be careful if he can smell the other boy who is obviously sexually mature, he might get grumpy. (i looked after a bun for a friend once, jasper had been neuterd and hers hadnt and her bun became a nightmare :( )

its really bad, had the rescue said they had netured the buns or that they had been netured when they had been handed in??
i'd be lost as to what to do if i was in that situation so hats off to her for not completely freaking out because i would have done :oops:

xx

Also remember that a male can still be fertile for up to 8 weeks after the op.

But well done for helping, I just make sure that the buns are well seperated. My girls still got to each other when they were in seperate rooms, and cause an awful lot of damage on each other. Which was expensive. ;)

has snowball been neutred yet?? just because be careful if he can smell the other boy who is obviously sexually mature, he might get grumpy. (i looked after a bun for a friend once, jasper had been neuterd and hers hadnt and her bun became a nightmare :( )

its really bad, had the rescue said they had netured the buns or that they had been netured when they had been handed in??
i'd be lost as to what to do if i was in that situation so hats off to her for not completely freaking out because i would have done :oops:

xx

not yet, he is being done on the 7th march.
i will keep that in mind, thank you :) hadn't thought about snowball getting grumpy or annoyed because of it.
could end up with 2 grumpy lads on my hands - they are only separated by the living room door.

i think snowball has gone soppier with jay being around though. and he had, an, erm, interesting reaction when he caught sight of jay in the hall earlier. i picked him up and his widgy was out :oops: hehe

i'm not too sure what happened. think that MFE said that she was told they were handed in as a neutered spayed pair. but she suspects that the rescue weren't entirely honest about the whole situation :?
she's done really well, as soon as she found out she has done her research and done what she can for the both of them :)

Also remember that a male can still be fertile for up to 8 weeks after the op.

But well done for helping, I just make sure that the buns are well seperated. My girls still got to each other when they were in seperate rooms, and cause an awful lot of damage on each other. Which was expensive. ;)

that's a good point lottie, i will remind MFE :)

thank you :)
oh bless, that's not good :(

jay is in the hall and snowball is in the living room.
the living room has a chain to keep it secure (the chains were put up when snowball was free-range so that my son couldn't let him into any dangerous rooms by mistake, he's 2 so doesn't understand)

is this secure enough? or did you mean by being able to smell and hear each other?

not yet, he is being done on the 7th march.
i will keep that in mind, thank you :) hadn't thought about snowball getting grumpy or annoyed because of it.
could end up with 2 grumpy lads on my hands - they are only separated by the living room door.

i think snowball has gone soppier with jay being around though. and he had, an, erm, interesting reaction when he caught sight of jay in the hall earlier. i picked him up and his widgy was out :oops: hehe

i'm not too sure what happened. think that MFE said that she was told they were handed in as a neutered spayed pair. but she suspects that the rescue weren't entirely honest about the whole situation :?
she's done really well, as soon as she found out she has done her research and done what she can for the both of them :)

his widgy was out!!! :lol: sorry that did make me chuckle :lol:
as long as you keep them seperate you should be fine, maybe make sure you wash your hands before handling each of them etc little things like that might help.
are they both vaccinated too??

xx

the living room has a chain to keep it secure (the chains were put up when snowball was free-range so that my son couldn't let him into any dangerous rooms by mistake, he's 2 so doesn't understand)

is this secure enough? or did you mean by being able to smell and hear each other?

smell would be the bit to be concerned about, not so sure about hearing each other but that could add to it i guess x

I had a similar set up, Autumn was free ranging in the livingroom with a barrier over the door way but the door open and I thought Sophie was all locked up under the stairs, but some how she had escapes, then there was just tumbling and crashing, I don't know for how long cos I was hoovering at the time. Argh What a mess, Autumn was 3 days post spay too!!

Not something you would want to repeat if you can avoid it!

So in theory yes that would be enough, but accidents happen, and as it is someone elses rabbit I would be extra careful :?

his widgy was out!!! :lol: sorry that did make me chuckle :lol:
as long as you keep them seperate you should be fine, maybe make sure you wash your hands before handling each of them etc little things like that might help.
are they both vaccinated too??

xx
hahaha, it made the 3 of us laugh (MFE was here when it happened lolol)
even funnier was when jay hid from my son in the hutch and my son climbed in after him :lol::lol: tried for pictures as i was telling him to get out but my stupid memory was full :roll:

i am washing my hands in between the 2. do you think a change of clothes would help also?

i'm not sure about jay, but snowball isn't. ashamed to admit that because he is an indoor bun i wasn't going to get him done (i know, very stupid of me) but about half an hour ago i read about vhd outbreaks around the uk, so i am going to ring the vets on monday and get his VHD vac done next week.

I had a similar set up, Autumn was free ranging in the livingroom with a barrier over the door way but the door open and I thought Sophie was all locked up under the stairs, but some how she had escapes, then there was just tumbling and crashing, I don't know for how long cos I was hoovering at the time. Argh What a mess, Autumn was 3 days post spay too!!

Not something you would want to repeat if you can avoid it!

So in theory yes that would be enough, but accidents happen, and as it is someone elses rabbit I would be extra careful :?

oh god, thats awful. poor little thing :( so sorry for you :(

i will be extra careful. there will only be one free range bun at a time. jay is freeranging in the hall with toys etc.
and snowball is in his pen.
have had snowball out and running round in my bedroom for a play.
going to take the laptop and go and sit with jay in the hall now and give him some more attention :)

even funnier was when jay hid from my son in the hutch and my son climbed in after him :lol::lol: tried for pictures as i was telling him to get out but my stupid memory was full :roll:

i am washing my hands in between the 2. do you think a change of clothes would help also?

i'm not sure about jay, but snowball isn't. ashamed to admit that because he is an indoor bun i wasn't going to get him done (i know, very stupid of me) but about half an hour ago i read about vhd outbreaks around the uk, so i am going to ring the vets on monday and get his VHD vac done next week.[/QUOTE]

i was the exact same hun, when i first had bella i thought 'she's a house bun why bother' then someone pointed out that 1) i have dogs who can carry fleas and 2) think of what you bring into the home on yours shoes.
i was down the vets like a shot i can tell you :oops:

xx

i'm not sure about jay, but snowball isn't. ashamed to admit that because he is an indoor bun i wasn't going to get him done (i know, very stupid of me) but about half an hour ago i read about vhd outbreaks around the uk, so i am going to ring the vets on monday and get his VHD vac done next week.[/QUOTE]

i was the exact same hun, when i first had bella i thought 'she's a house bun why bother' then someone pointed out that 1) i have dogs who can carry fleas and 2) think of what you bring into the home on yours shoes.
i was down the vets like a shot i can tell you :oops:

xx

so glad it's not just me then.
stupid thing is, i had read all about it and everything and just thought that with him being an indoor bun, he would be ok.
but after that, i am ringing the vets first thing monday morning to hopefully get him done on tuesday (have a hospital appointment with my son on monday afternoon. even if they could do it monday, i think it's better to wait until i will be home all day after to monitor for any effects. does that sound sensible to you?)

so glad it's not just me then.
stupid thing is, i had read all about it and everything and just thought that with him being an indoor bun, he would be ok.
but after that, i am ringing the vets first thing monday morning to hopefully get him done on tuesday (have a hospital appointment with my son on monday afternoon. even if they could do it monday, i think it's better to wait until i will be home all day after to monitor for any effects. does that sound sensible to you?)

yeah sounds very sensible, if nothing else a trip to the vets will be stressful for the little guy so you being around after will be a comfort to him :)

Back