• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wonder how much it will cost for another bunny.

shadow05

Mama Doe
Im trying to come up with a ruff idea of how much it will cost for two rabbits.

but having a bit of trouble my maths is rubbish.

Double the vaccinations has to be taken into account.

Also potentially twice as many vets fees.

Food etc doesn't cost a huge amount more for two, and they share toys etc :)

i found with getting jasper the amount it cost for him and bella was alot more than i expected. had that whole 'its only one little bunny ' mentality :roll:
how much do you spend roughly now?

xx

Adopt rabbits from a rescue they're cheaper than pet shops and you do a good thing.
The rabbit should be free, it's only the neutering and vaccinations that are costed.
A run is like for £40
Food £10 big bag
Grass free if you have some in your garden.

It should mainly be in vet bills you see the big differences :wave: stuff like food, veg, hay etc doesn't really get affected until you end up with 9 like me :oops:

Double the vaccination cost of what you have now. These are obviously important so both bunnies must get done.

Then just a little bit more food and hay.

They share toys and a litter box.

Pretty much double!

Shared things like straw and litter aren't really much more but food, pet insurance, vaccinations and treats is double, the 2nd bun doesn't eat less than the 1st one ;)

Interesting question, although I'm some way from being in a position to get a friend for Spenser (assuming he'd want one). To be honest, I find myself thinking more about the potential advantages to the bun, rather than the extra cost - I'm not very practical.:oops:

Interesting question, although I'm some way from being in a position to get a friend for Spenser (assuming he'd want one). To be honest, I find myself thinking more about the potential advantages to the bun, rather than the extra cost - I'm not very practical.:oops:

Me too, i must admit, when we got Jess, we probably on paper couldn't really afford her upkeep but it was for Joejoes benefit as he was lonely and seeing the two of them together makes up for the monthly hay experts and petplan bill ;)

ive calculated that its gonna cost about £109.10 at first but i didnt take into account that it might not be a baby but i added an extra 50.00 anyways in case of problem. so im gonna have to do it all over again now lol.

i didnt take vaccinations into account scooter hasnt had any of these so twice as much there.

i think it will be a better idea if i just get an adult bunny around his age. i also didnt put in anymore for a bunnys new home but yet again i have a spare cage to put it in for a while i think im gonna introduce them slowly. didnt take shaving into account either dam it. :oops: i make a lot of mistakes

so i guess ive got some saving to do before i get this bun wanna make sure that i have all the money i need to make this go as smoothly as possible. :lol:

i found with getting jasper the amount it cost for him and bella was alot more than i expected. had that whole 'its only one little bunny ' mentality :roll:
how much do you spend roughly now?

xx

i dont know honestly if i see hes running down on something i just go and get it. :shock:.

i have a rubbish memory as well so that dont help i think ill have to start keeping recites

I think it's great you are thinking it all through properly ;) There are always things you don't think of to start with, remember though that if you buy a temporary home for the new bun, then once they are bonded you could always sell it and recoup some of the money which could maybe go towards a set of jabs etc?

Adopt rabbits from a rescue they're cheaper than pet shops and you do a good thing.
The rabbit should be free, it's only the neutering and vaccinations that are costed.
A run is like for £40
Food £10 big bag
Grass free if you have some in your garden.

i do but annoying enought my mom has a dog. when i let scooter out in the summer i keep firmly away from the dogs business spot so i got to the other section of the garden or he goes on the concrete. how much will they charged me for spaying and vaccinations

Double the vaccination cost of what you have now. These are obviously important so both bunnies must get done.

Then just a little bit more food and hay.

They share toys and a litter box.

thts good i have a secound litter try if they dont anyways and plenty of toys to go around to

lol ive had enought time to think about both lol and still will have time to think about both :D. my mom wants to make sure that i can take them both on i said theres not much a difference in cost really i think after ive had them both for a month the money will probs even out to about 10 a week maybe not even that.

the cost doesnt bother me much just wanna make sure that i can keep them both for the rest of there lives. if i cant i think the bf will help me and of course ill make sure to pay him back when i can he was the one who helped me get started with scooter he payed for a cage, serval metal runs, food and hay, bowls and bottle and also some toys.

I think it's great you are thinking it all through properly ;) There are always things you don't think of to start with, remember though that if you buy a temporary home for the new bun, then once they are bonded you could always sell it and recoup some of the money which could maybe go towards a set of jabs etc?

oh yeah im just hoping first time lucky thats all i dont wanna have to keep taking the bun back to the rescue because he doesnt like her. i know exactly were im gonna get the bunny from too. ill make sure to check that they do bonding and then ill bring him around and will see. i wonder if he will make male for female :lol::D.

hardly ever know wat hes going to do half the time.

:oops: i spend ridiculous amounts on my buns, in some way i should be more cost effective but i come on here and see some really great stuff be it toys/food etc and just have to get it :lol:

xx

i know i feel like that all the time but i dont have any money so that stops me :lol::D i should really start saving though. :(. which im quite rubish at. i have no self control. :lol:

i

i didnt take vaccinations into account scooter hasnt had any of these so twice as much there.

Not sure if you have seen the threads about VHD alerts as there have been large areas of the country where VHD has been identified. There have also a number of people reporting over the past months about rabbits with myxie.

Please if your rabbit is not vaccinated get these done ASAP to reduce the chance of your rabbit getting these. Vaccination is definately cheaper than having to pay for the vetinary care if your rabbit contracts myxie. Sadly with VHD when you know your rabbit has this disease it is too late to do anything :cry:

Not sure if you have seen the threads about VHD alerts as there have been large areas of the country where VHD has been identified. There have also a number of people reporting over the past months about rabbits with myxie.

Please if your rabbit is not vaccinated get these done ASAP to reduce the chance of your rabbit getting these. Vaccination is definately cheaper than having to pay for the vetinary care if your rabbit contracts myxie. Sadly with VHD when you know your rabbit has this disease it is too late to do anything :cry:

does anybody have a ruff guess on how much each one is? ill get them done as soon as i can but he may have to wiat 3 weeks if im lucky 2

Back