• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit runs..

allie1904

Mama Doe
Right then. I posted a thread earlier and have come to the decision that I'm not happy withy my boys night time space and although they have freedom all day, I want them to have more room whilst we are sleeping.

So, rather than buy a small poop one I want to do some maths and see how much more space I could get for our money.

What materials are advised and bunny friendly? I want it to be inside and ourdoor friendly :)

xxx

The wood and everything else will cost more if your intending to make a big run.
It'll be cheaper to buy a run .,
My dad spent £100 on making a run. Wood and mesh including
At pets at home there was a run bigger and stronger for £60

Ty the rabbithutchshop.co.uk they will make things to measure if you want, i recently enquired about an extension to mines 6x4 run and it was a lot cheaper than buying the wood and mesh etc

:wave: i made bella's:

HPIM1536.jpg

HPIM1538.jpg

xx

Sorry if I cover old ground but I'm not acquainted with the history here.

I've found the best and easiest way to give indoor space is to bunny proof. NIC panels are excellent for this but seem to be harder and harder to get hold of. You can see the various setups I've had from pre RU to now in this thread

I've found the best and easiest way to give indoor space is to bunny proof. NIC panels are excellent for this but seem to be harder and harder to get hold of. You can see the various setups I've had from pre RU to now in this thread
I love the pic of Mischa 's ramp! He looks SOOO sweet!!!:love::love::love:

The house is bun proofed and they free range all day but at bed they go to bed, so I wanted a run just for night time and then to collapse it in the day so they can free range again.
At night the problem I find is that they want to come to bed with us and snoopy will scratch on the door if he knows we're in here, he's a very nosey bun, but if I let him in he'll binky all over me and sit on my face.
I also don't like the thought of them getting up onto the tv cabinet, just incase they manage to squeeze behind. I just get worried that they'll injure themselves :( don't know if Just being a worried mum.

how about a puppy pen? :wave:

Most people put their 'base' inside a puppy pen so they have plenty of space to hop around. You could look on ebay for some good deals :wave:

The metal ones usually fold away too :wave:

Heres a couple i found:

Click here
Click here
Click here

Just search puppy pen or rabbit pen and lots will come up :)

Their not bad priced, my boys can jump to the height of my sofa so would have to get one of the higher ones..

are nets safe to cover the pen over?
Xx

Their not bad priced, my boys can jump to the height of my sofa so would have to get one of the higher ones..

are nets safe to cover the pen over?
Xx

Yeah they are good prices on ebay :wave:

Nets should be fine to keep them in :lol::lol:
Some use nets on their outdoor runs so im sure its fine on indoor pens too!

The house is bun proofed and they free range all day but at bed they go to bed, so I wanted a run just for night time and then to collapse it in the day so they can free range again.
At night the problem I find is that they want to come to bed with us and snoopy will scratch on the door if he knows we're in here, he's a very nosey bun, but if I let him in he'll binky all over me and sit on my face.
I also don't like the thought of them getting up onto the tv cabinet, just incase they manage to squeeze behind. I just get worried that they'll injure themselves :( don't know if Just being a worried mum.

Can you not shut them in a room where they are unlikely to cause any problems? Like the kitchen?

Open plan downstairs :( so no way of shutting off the kitchen. Then there's the OHs office, enough said. Then our bedroom and that's it.

Bit poop really.

Open plan downstairs :( so no way of shutting off the kitchen. Then there's the OHs office, enough said. Then our bedroom and that's it.

Bit poop really.

:(

The Trixie panel runs are good cos you can carry on adding panels and they are pretty flexible the area you can make.

I will have to sit down with the OH and put my puppy dog face on that my boys needs more space :cry:

Hopefully he'll let go of some of the pennies then hehe. I'll just threaten to use his desk as part of the blockade

Looks like were going for a 'metally type add in bits with time doggy crate type job' then?!

Thanks guys!

xx

This is the one I have...

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=393&pf_id=8206&source=webgains&siteid=57040

I have two of them. In summer I can put together 14 of the panels in the garden to make a heeeeuge run and last year I used them to partition off areas while I was (attempting) to bond my two pairs into a quad. Use cable ties and they fix on to a dog crate real easy. An old net curtain pegged over works well if you're concerned about them jumping out but mine have never tried it although I do use the covers in the garden for a little security but someone is always out there with them, I'd never leave them outside on their own.

Back