• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to get a new rabbit !!!!

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Unfortunately I have to re home Jack because he will never get along with Lucky.:(
But fortunately I will adopt a female lop rabbit for Lucky !!!! :)
I want a brown and white lopped french lop :p

How many rabbits do you have at the moment? Thres 3 in your signature, are they all single?

The black and white one 'Charlie' died :(
Jack is the brown one i have to re home.:(
and lucky is the grey and white one

please don't rehome one rabbit in order to get a new rabbit.

as i said when you first joined, i really don't think that this is a good idea.
spend some time bonding the two that you have and i am really sure that you can work it out - they got on well before hormones kicked in.

there are many people here who can help you with bonding and many places you can go where they will bond them for you.

again. please don't give a way one rabbit and replace him with another

I remember you were having problems bonding your two, did someone else try for you? Like Janice or The Duchess? Did you get advice on that?

please don't rehome one rabbit in order to get a new rabbit.

as i said when you first joined, i really don't think that this is a good idea.
spend some time bonding the two that you have and i am really sure that you can work it out - they got on well before hormones kicked in.

there are many people here who can help you with bonding and many places you can go where they will bond them for you.

again. please don't give a way one rabbit and replace him with another

Perfectly said. Please don't rehome :( lots of people will be willing to help xx

Last edited:
There's still no guarantee of a female/male bond. I have 2 groups with bonded males in, and there are plenty of people on here with bonded male pairs. Please don't give up we can help you through it :wave:

try not to rehome. :cry: if you do how will you know the new bunny will bond? then you'll find yourself in the same position again :(
there are lots of people on here that might be able to help. :)

I tried bonding them,
Jack's personality is very aggressive and nervous so he always tries to defend himself when i try to bond them.
The rabbit experts i contacted said it was very hard to bond two males once they had a fight.
Does anyone know any rescues or people that bond rabbits in West London? :cry:

I tried bonding them,
Jack's personality is very aggressive and nervous so he always tries to defend himself when i try to bond them.
The rabbit experts i contacted said it was very hard to bond two males once they had a fight.

Harvey and Zero fought but then I managed to bond them :)

have they been neutered? if so how long ago?

Did you use completely neutral territory? How long did you leave them together?

I tried bonding them,

If you rehome one, how are you going to do it? Also, are you going to let your bunny choose the new rabbit?

Is there no feasible way to keep them both, but separate (but maybe inside?)?

Yea I used complete neutral territory and they've been neutered for about 6 months they're both 1 years old.

Yes, sometimes even with the most experienced bonders it's not possible to get two males together. They can be very aggressive!

It's a difficult decision but if you don't have space/time/money for two separate large set ups and two pairs of rabbits then if you go to a good rescue they'll hopefully be able to take in one boy and bond your other one with a female. If you get the rescue to help with the bonding then you'll have a definite match so you can be sure you don't have the same problem again.

Thanks Tamsin for the advice that's exactly what I was thinking.
I don't like keeping rabbits in runs forever it's not about the money.

Back