• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little boi has passed away =[

RosieHardy

Young Bun
After a good 3 years my little boy Dizzie has been put to sleep.

He had a horrible start to life I rescued him from a farm where their dogs had attacked him and he had just been left in his cage to basically die
In the end i took him home and took him to the vet, i explained what had happened so i didn't get prosecuted for the state he was in.
He had puncture wonds on both his shoulders and on his back where the dog obvioulsy had had him in his mouth.
He was on antibiotics for months, and he had to be injected twice a day with some different antibiotics too.
But through all his treatment he was SO lovley and has never ever bit me or kicked out (which you thought he'd do) all he did was lick you and snuggle up to you, it's like he's greatful for everything i was doing for him.

Sadly tho the other day his time had come to an end, he had a head tilt which he had had for a few years because of the attack, but it had developed into something awful and he could not longer support his head or could even stand up, he just kept rolling around in his cage.

I took Dizzie to the vets and they checked his ears and things to check to see if he could have an ear infection but the vet said it looked like he had a stroke, she checked his eyes and he had got internal bleeding to one of his eyes which she said was a sign of a stroke or a hemorrhage.

In the end he had to be put down; the vet said even if they tried him with drugs etc to rule out the possibility of an ear infection his head wouldn't straighten up, and because of the bleeding in his eye he would need nerve operations and could end up loosing his eye in the process.
But because he could no longer support his head, couldn't stand up properally, had the bleeding in his eye and after everything he'd been through it was a recommended that he got him put down =[

He was such a litter fighter, it's such a shame he had to go.
He lasted well for saying most rabbit don't survive dog attacks.
It was gutting, it really was, but as i handed him over to be put down he gave me a little kiss, and nuged me as if to say "hey, don't worry, i still love you"

I got him cremated and went to get his ashes yesterday.
But the funny thing is, iv hated my job for years and i always use to talk to dizzie about it, all the time, he just use to look at me with his big eyes.
Whilst i was at the crematorium i mentioned how i'd love to work in a place like that and the lady actually offered me a job, i didn't ask for one or anything i just mentioned id like a job like hers xD... but the lady just looked at me and said it was like fait and that they had a job opening coming up if i wanted it.

I no people might think this is weird and stupid but i swear it was Dizzie, i swear it's his way of saying thank you.

I really miss him tho =[

pets159.jpg

guineapigs0051.jpg

4322_96987648637_556943637_2520204_.jpg

l_d9777fb53fc4642130809450a09ef186.jpg

RIP <3

AWWW!!!!!! He looks absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm SO sorry about his passing :( :( Why don't you post this tribute in Rainbow Bridge too?

:cry: Heartbreaking. Im so sorry you have lost Dizzie. He was a gorgeous little chap.

Sleep tight Dizzie xx

oh wow - he was truly a beautiful brave little bunny...and was just meant to be with you...Im so very sorry for your loss:cry:......your story made me well up...bless oyu...unbelievable about the job...Im so pleased for you....big hugs and hope you will be ok....xxxxx:)

:cry: What an awful start in life, but a lucky bunny to have found you and found love in his life. He sounds like he was a very special rabbit indeed and he will have left you with lots of lovely memories, so cling on to those when you feel sad. Binky free beautiful Dizzie xxxxx

What beautiful photos and such a beautiful little bunny :(

So sorry for your loss :cry:

Run Free Forever at the Bridge beautiful boy xx

My heart is breaking for you:cry::cry::cry:What a lovely caring person you are to have given him so much care and love xxxxxSleep tight beautiful Dizzie xxxx

im so very sorry for your loss. he sounds like he was a very special little man and has left quite a hole in your heart :cry: :cry:

What a special bunny he was, especially after all he had been through. He was a credit to you. They are beautiful picture and you can tell how he loved you. So sorry for your loss.

Sounds like he is looking over you already though.

:cry: that's so sad. i'm really sorry for your loss, he looked wonderful and you did so well rescuing him, I'm sure wherever he is he's watching over you.

Back