• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to stop covering over at night?

sarahsarah

Warren Scout
Hello, I'm just wondering when you all are planning to take off hutch covers/stop covering over at night?

Mine are in a hutch run combo thingy and it's got a huuge weather cover which goes all around it, although today it was a warm ish day so I had to take the whole front of the cover off... I can't keep doing this every day though as it takes me about 45 mins to put it all back on again as it's all individual panels which velcro together... They do have a small hutch inside the run bit and the normal run is upstairs aswell so they do have extra shelter.

Hello, I'm just wondering when you all are planning to take off hutch covers/stop covering over at night?

Mine are in a hutch run combo thingy and it's got a huuge weather cover which goes all around it, although today it was a warm ish day so I had to take the whole front of the cover off... I can't keep doing this every day though as it takes me about 45 mins to put it all back on again as it's all individual panels which velcro together... They do have a small hutch inside the run bit and the normal run is upstairs aswell so they do have extra shelter.

mine all have tarpolin covers, and i just fold them up during the day and hold down with bricks, and ALLWAYS keep them on at night no matter what the weathers like:)

mine all have tarpolin covers, and i just fold them up during the day and hold down with bricks, and ALLWAYS keep them on at night no matter what the weathers like:)

The shape of my hutch though I couldn't just put tarpaulin over, the roof is not flat so can't put bricks on either! It's so awkward!

it winter /cold months mine have blankets and tarpaulinings on in the warmer months/summer they have a sheet and tarpauling on depending on how hot it is depends on weather they just have the sheet on or just the tarpauling

in the winter they have old curtains and tarpauling, in the summer they have nothing!

I take the covers off normall end of march begiging of april, but it depends on the weater, normally wait, untill the temps are up higher and stay there for afew weeks x

Back