• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do i attach water bottle to cage? ideas?

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
hey guys.
have got a water bottle that i have lost the clip to.

any ideas on bunny safe items i could use to attach it to the cage would be hugely appreciated.
can't get out and buy another water bottle until tomorrow.

hoping someone here is more creative than me and can think of something!

thanks in advance :)

:wave: I've had the same thing happen many times myself :roll:
I've used string in the past.

If you don't have any string what about plaiting some long strands of hay together & using that? I know it's not bunny proof, but at least it wont harm them :lol:

I attach mine with cable ties, 1 just below the spout and 1 near the top. Dont do they too tight then the bottle can slide out when you want to refill

thanks for all of the swift replies everyone :)
glad to hear that it isn't just me :lol::lol:

i have got thread?
if i plait some thread together, that should work shouldn't it?

i'm gutted. literally a few weeks ago, i got rid of all my wire coat hangers as they were all bent out of shape. doh!

it doesn't matter if he will chew it off as long as it isn't dangerous to him

it's only until the morning when i can get another bottle. i can keep on reattaching it until then if he chews it
i will also give him a bowl of water in case it falls off while i'm sleeping (im an insomniac, i only sleep a few hours at a time anyway)

thanks again everyone. i shall let you know how i get on :D

cable ties is good!
i might invest in them as a long term, would be easier than the wire.

i don't have any in the house, but that will be a useful thing to have around :)

have managed to attach it with thread
got a really long length, then folded it over loads of times and knotted both ends.

then i just tied the bottle to the cage
phew :)

thanks for all the ideas :D

Buy some of the wires you use to hand net curtains, cut it to size and then screw in the metal hooks which come with it and you have wires which will easily hold a bottle in place.

Buy some of the wires you use to hand net curtains, cut it to size and then screw in the metal hooks which come with it and you have wires which will easily hold a bottle in place.

thats a great idea :)
thank you :)
am getting a new bottle tomorrow, but will keep that in mind for future problems :)

Back