• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Problems..

d_animality

Young Bun
Hello All.. can u help me pick which is the best amongst these hays.. cause these are the only available hays in our country...

-> http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/HAYD if u can help figuring out what type of hay it is that would help me lot

this is another one from other brand PUIK -> http://translate.google.com/translat...&prmd=ivns
(this one is a lil bit expensive)

and this is the last one -> http://www.versele-laga.com/nutri/nu...e waarborgen

ive tried the two types above... both of them smells good.. havent tried the last link and if u can suggest which is the best amongst these three... please reply...

And one more thing:
My rabbits eat all hay i mentioned above except the last link.. well apparently i created a box made of cardboard, on it i create two holes where the rabbits can put their heads in...well the purpose is to keep the hay fresh and dry... however everytime i refill it with lots of hays.. my rabbits eager to eat it but when it comes to day two.. the rabbits rarely eat it unless i refill a new one so the previous hays turned to waste.. but sometimes they still eat it tho... its just i want them to finish everything.. LoLs.. and they usually choose which hay to eat.. it seems theyre picky which hay should they eat.. i.e. the thick types of grass idk whats it called.. and if i take out all the leftover from the box.. and put it in.. they'll still eat it.. dunno what they think.. :S

I managed to get to the site in the last link and view what hay they have. All of the hay is suitable for your rabbit. If it were me I would buy the Natural Hay and a couple of the others that have herbs etc added to them for an extra treat :wave:

Okay thank you so much for helping me out on this..based from ur comment ill buy the first link above with additionals dandelions cause it smells good like tea..there are also others like herb and peppermint..is it okay if i gave a mixed of both for my bunnies? And ia it okay to serve them hays everyday cause i found some web says dont give bunnies too much hays :S

Okay thank you so much for helping me out on this..based from ur comment ill buy the first link above with additionals dandelions cause it smells good like tea..there are also others like herb and peppermint..is it okay if i gave a mixed of both for my bunnies? And ia it okay to serve them hays everyday cause i found some web says dont give bunnies too much hays :S

Don't know which websites say this - because rabbits should have unlimited hay. In other words, they need to eat as much hay as possible - it should make up at least 80% of their diet. Hay helps their teeth (because of the grinding action used to eat it) and helps to keep their gut in good order.

Hello All.. can u help me pick which is the best amongst these hays.. cause these are the only available hays in our country...

-> http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/HAYD if u can help figuring out what type of hay it is that would help me lot

this is another one from other brand PUIK -> http://translate.google.com/translat...&prmd=ivns
(this one is a lil bit expensive)

and this is the last one -> http://www.versele-laga.com/nutri/nu...e waarborgen

ive tried the two types above... both of them smells good.. havent tried the last link and if u can suggest which is the best amongst these three... please reply...

And one more thing:
My rabbits eat all hay i mentioned above except the last link.. well apparently i created a box made of cardboard, on it i create two holes where the rabbits can put their heads in...well the purpose is to keep the hay fresh and dry... however everytime i refill it with lots of hays.. my rabbits eager to eat it but when it comes to day two.. the rabbits rarely eat it unless i refill a new one so the previous hays turned to waste.. but sometimes they still eat it tho... its just i want them to finish everything.. LoLs.. and they usually choose which hay to eat.. it seems theyre picky which hay should they eat.. i.e. the thick types of grass idk whats it called.. and if i take out all the leftover from the box.. and put it in.. they'll still eat it.. dunno what they think.. :S

Rabbits like fresh hay - you are much better to give them fresh hay every day and perhaps put what is leftover from the previous day into their litter trays. I refill my hay trays 3 times a day to ensure there is always some fresh. Really, you just have to accept that you will waste some.

The only hay you don't want to overfeed is Alfalfa hay as it is high in calcium and protein. Bunnies should ALWAYS have some hay available to them though and it should be topped up and refreshed twice a day. They need it for their tum and for their teeth and it should be the majority of their diet. Pellets are more like treats.

The only hay you don't want to overfeed is Alfalfa hay as it is high in calcium and protein. Bunnies should ALWAYS have some hay available to them though and it should be topped up and refreshed twice a day. They need it for their tum and for their teeth and it should be the majority of their diet. Pellets are more like treats.

:thumb:

Hi thanks for all the posts..i just weNt to petshops today and get the chance to buy the only meadow hay in my country (so far)..it says natural meadow hay from the brand of the first link i mentioned above..so theres only 2 bags left so i grab them all..the question is can i feed those to my bunnies?Are they good?

Hi thanks for all the posts..i just weNt to petshops today and get the chance to buy the only meadow hay in my country (so far)..it says natural meadow hay from the brand of the first link i mentioned above..so theres only 2 bags left so i grab them all..the question is can i feed those to my bunnies?Are they good?

Meadow hay is perfect :)

Yup meadow hay is like a basic grass hay which will have a bit of variety of different grasses in. :)

Okay great thanks!!and one more thing..i know this is slightly off topic..

My english angora is 2 mths old..i never had auch breed before and this is the first time im feeling their fur..is it normal that their fur feels uneven in certain areas...i dont know how to put in words..its like in one area the fur feels thicker (it looks fine from the outside but if u touch it,it feels like the hair inside is come together like mats but its not since its inside and ive seen matted fur before)..so i really dont know cause i want my rabbit fur to feel good..like the lionhead fur..is it okay to clip it so the new fur growing better or its just the way it is.. I hope im making sense here..Thanks!!

Back