• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when did your love of bunnys begin?

lucy24

Mama Doe
have been thinking lately of when i got my two when i was 10 yrs old. i got them from my aunty whos doe had a litter. i was so excited but i didnt realise at the time how great rabbits were! their personalities are all different and they always made me laugh. so, when did your love of rabbits begin? What was your first bunny? any funny stories that make you love them even more?:D

my love of rabbits began in december last year

had a rabbit as a child and my mum has always had rabbits as i grew up but i never "got" it :oops::oops:

then i met snowball.
and i fell in love :love:

On the 12th November 2010 :love:

We had just finshed doing out our house and of course..we needed something to come along and make a mess :D No fun otherwise is it!

I had rabbits as a kid, all the way from being 5, but my love of rabbits as an adult started with Flash- April 2005 when I 'reserved' him, and then my passion and feeling driven started when I really started to properly learn after stuffing up and not realising, and then getting involved in the RSPCA (January 2008).

Always loved rabbits but Jenson is my first bunny. He is just so lovely I'm not sure what took me so long.

On the 12th November 2010 :love:

We had just finshed doing out our house and of course..we needed something to come along and make a mess :D No fun otherwise is it!

i agree completely!:lol: when i cleaned out their hutch they would run away with my cleaning brush! can't live without them :D

I've always loved bunnies, had my first toy bunny as a baby (which I still have!) and never ever wanted teddies - always bunnies.

I got my first real life bunnies in August 2009 aged 39! :D

My love for bunnies started on the 3rd of October 2010. A week after my puddy-cats death:cry:. Well I'd always wanted a bunny but after knowing I wasn't allowed indoor pets(even though I brought Trixie in twice a day), I desperately wanted a bunny rabbit. Then I got Trixie who unfortunately got bloat and died after 13days of being with me.:cry: But I'm now getting 2more buns.:D

After my hamster Jeremy died in August and we went to PAH to look at the ones they had... but they were all asleep so we had to wait for assitance and in the meantime looked at the bunnies! I had been nagging my OH for one for ages but it was only when he saw Flopsy and Barney that he gave in :)

I've always loved bunnies, had my first toy bunny as a baby (which I still have!) and never ever wanted teddies - always bunnies.

Thats so sweet. Although got my son teddy bears I got him 3 toy bunnies. I still have them.

I must have always loved bunnies because I got my first one at 10. A little black bunny I named Chloe. She use to run inside and wee under my grans bed. I thought she escaped from her hutch one day. My best friend and I went up and down the whole street knocking on doors to ask if anyone had seen her. (This was OZ in the 1970's).
My mum never told me the truth until I was an adult.

I didn't get anymore bunnies until 12 years ago. I don't know why I waited so long, perhaps it was unhelpful ex who it took me a year of begging before I could even get a cat, let alone a bunny.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who had toy bunnies since being a baby but was in their 30's before they got a real one!
:wave::D

I got my first bunny Bubbles when I was 9, 23 years ago! My best friends cousin bred rabbits and I begged and begged my mum and dad to let me have Bubbles :) he was a little grey netherland dwarf and I loved him to bits :love: he used to make us laugh by jumping on top of his hutch and just sitting there, the hutch was so high and he was so tiny, we were amazed how he got up there! I was heartbroken when he died 6 years later :(
I then got 2 more, Sandy and Nibbles, from my school careers advisor whose rabbits had just had babies :love: they were dwarf lops. They were sisters and ended up not getting along, back in those days spaying bunnies wasn't really done and I didn't know anything about the benefits of it, so they spent the rest of their days separated :(
After them came Minnie, the bun who really stole my heart, I worked at PAH and fell in love with her :love: she was so special and such a character, she used to lick our feet when we sat in the garden and come running to greet us :love: while we had Minnie, another bunny suddenly appeared in our garden one day, and we ended up taking her in. Apparently she belonged to a man down the road, but she just lived in his garden with no hutch or anything! So we bunny napped her :lol: called her Tiny. She was quite wild as she hadn't had any contact with people really, eventually she let us stroke her but she was very territorial.
After Minnie was PTS with EC :( I was totally devastated and couldn't even think about replacing her for a good few years, I thought I couldn't love another bunny like I loved her :cry: but time passed and I felt the need to have bunnies in my life again, so last October I got Olly and Honey, my two mini lips who are now the centre of my world! I love them to bits and would do anything for them :love:

i wanted a bunny as a kid but my dad flat refused... he always said hed never let me have an animal cooped up in a tiny hutch when they should be wild :(

ive admired them from afar, like most animals (i was never allowed any pet not just rabbits).

a few years ago my mate down south had baby rabbits and kept teasing me with them, i read up online saw wallpaper destruction and put it out of my mind.

then when i wasn't allowed to keep the dog my mom almost had (long story lol) i needed a replacement pet to love so got Alvin that day.

im eternally captured by bunnies now :love: almost 4 years that little black monster has been ruling my heart :love:

Nice to know I'm not the only one who had toy bunnies since being a baby but was in their 30's before they got a real one!
:wave::D

i werent far off 30.. i had alvin just under a year and Pearl was my 30th birthday prezzie to myself :lol:

....with the 1st glimpse of these ears :love:

027-3.jpg

it is 100% this buns fault for my utter all consuming obsession with rabbits ;):lol:

(my OH is eternally greatful to her :roll::lol:)

xx

I wanted a nice hobby :roll: Benson and Lola were supposed to be chickens!! I've been in love with bunnies since about half an hour of getting my babies home!! Not the ideal attitude to obtain a couple of buns with but Oh my goodness I couldn't love them any more!!! :love:

I've always loved bunnies because I love all animals. But my love affair with them as pets began with Radish in September 2009. :love:

My much favoured step sister was bought a bunny by our step father when we were kids. Me and my sister were not allowed one and were very jealous. The poor mite was never looked after and lived the tragically short life of so many rabbits...neglected by a bored child, stuck in a hutch that was way too small, not fed properly or cleaned out. I used to go and sit with her...Blackie she was called, a little mixed breed doe....and cuddle her and pinch carrots from my neighbours garden to give her. She was such a gentle soul and loved to snuggle up. I went up one day and found she had really runny eyes and white discharge from her nose. I told my parents and they took her to the vet. When she came back, my stepdad said 'oh she's just got the snuffles, she'll be fine' In their ignorance, they had taken the diagnosis of Snuffles to mean she'd got 'a bit of a cold' and my stepdad was not going to waste more money at the vets just for a cold. Needless to say, the poor baby got worse and worse and although my mum bathed her eyes and cleaned her bum when she got messy, no more treatment was given. I don't remember how long she lasted, I was only about eight myself, but I remember coming home from school each day and cuddling her and trying to make her eat but she died horribly, gasping for breath and all gooped up round her face. I sobbed for days and my precious step sister, her owner, didn't give a hoot! She got a hamster instead.

My love of bunnies started with Blackie. I loved how gentle she was, how soft she was, how warm and snuggly and how trusting despite the awful living conditions she was subjected to.

As soon as I left home, I got my first pair of house buns, Page and Poppet...who lived to 5 and 7 years old. Then Toby and Winter...who lived to 6 and 8 and a half, now I have Charlie Babbit and he is my world xx

I went to the pet shop to get fish food and then I saw two rabbits, they looked so cute ,after 2 weeks i got my own rabbit :D

Back