• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holidays

where abouts is it that you live?
ive had my own dilema about this recently and people on here were great and very helpful :wave: x

hmmmm if you lived nearer i would have offered to look after them but i am in surbiton surrey :wave:
would the buns be going to your mums or her come over to yours to feed them?
thats what ive managed to work out with my OH mum, shes gonna pop over daily to feed them and im gonna make runs to add onto their indoor cages (bella has one already just need to make jasper one) so that way they are nit cooped up for the week we are away. (what with being a full time free range house bunny's, they would not be impressed with me :roll::lol:)

xx

She doesn't drive so they would be going to live in her spare room for the two weeks.

I would feel more comfortable if they could stay in their own environment but there's so just noone local :(

Whereabouts in S wales?

I have a fantastic pet sitter here. I'm sure if she cant help, she may have other alternative ideas/fellow pet sitters???

Do pet sitters just come to feed and check on them etc? They don't sit all day with them like a baby sitter surely?

xxx

Last edited:
I'm in Tonypandy in the Rhondda :wave:

Do pet sitters just come to feed and check on them etc? They don't sit all day with them like a baby sitter surely?

xxx

My pet sitter will come in and let them outside while she cleans their pad, changing litter trays emptying and refilling water/food etc. She'll also make sure she sees them eat and watch them play for a little bit. She will do that twice a day.

We are in the Vale so it might be a bit far to travel to but i will ask her if she knows anyone else who does it. :)

Okay. Thankyou :)

Do you think an hours travel in a car is too much for a rabbit, also twice in two weeks?

xxx

Alot depends on the bunny. I know of bunnies that have travelled for an hour or so and settled in really well within half an hour. Happily chomping on hay and doing wonderful poops.

You know your bunnies best. :)

Ahh..OHs mum is going to look after them for us :) She is giving them her guest bedroom :shock: They are litter trained and only one chewer tough so they can't cause that much damage in two weeks :lol:

I live in South Wales too not that far from you actually. :wave:

I PM'd another South Wales member last week about setting up some sort of help where we could share 'sitters' or even look after or 'check on' buns when another family member is looking after them.

I had the thought that although sitters and family members are kind and well meaning, they often don't have as much experience of buns as some of us on here do. I would be happy to help out in anyway. :D

Also it would be lovely to find out which members are close to each other in distance etc. especially if we share interests in fund raising for rescues etc.

Let me know if I can help in anyway!

Best wishes
Ruth :wave:

PS - we have 6 house buns!

Ah thankyou so much for the offer :) Very kind of you! Although I'd be pretty useless as I don't drive! :roll: I'm fairly new to the world of buns myself so I'm learning so much myself from on here!

OHs mum is very animal savvy and has 12 animals herself! She has a little farm going on in her backgarden! My boys will be well looked after :)

I'm happy and interested in anything I can do in the area regarding fundraising etc where are our local bunny rescue places?

6! Wow! You must go through more hay than a horse in your house!

xxx

Back