• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help... Boss n Berry :(

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
Hi Everyone,

Please can i have some advice?

Boss and Berry have now been bonded for about 4 months and have now started to fight :( I went ou this morning and boss had fur hanging of him :cry: I mean what do i do? She is being so horrible to him, he is an olderbun and just likes to sleep eat then run round the garden and do binkys. I let them out this morning and when ever he ried to run around and do his binkys she started to chase him :cry:

What shall i do??? Please help. Am i being selfish and reading it all wrong?

Has he had a vet check recently? Maybe she is sensing something that you are not able to see yet.

Sorry to hear that, You're not alone though! This seems to be happening to a lot of us with bonded male/female couples at the moment. Perhaps it is just that spring is in the air? Was there any blood or is it just fur missing? Any changes to their enviornment?

Is she getting set off by him binkying and running up to her?

They have both been vet checked and no problems. In there hutch if he is drinking she comes up and pushes his head down with her feet and starts drinking. He binkys away but even if she is the other side of the garden she runs straight over. No change in the enviroment at all :cry: What can i do? Rehome her? Sounds horrible :(

I'm not sure, is it happening all the time? Some people recommend restricting their space and/or taking them for a ride in a car in a pet carrier to try and settle them.

Its been happening maybe everyother day for about 3 weeks its just boss seems to look sad :cry: i dont want him to feel unloved :(

How are they at other times? Do they snuggle up with each other? Is there any way you can let them out in the garden at different times, if that is when the problem is happening? And maybe add another source of water, like a bottle so they each have their own? Sorry I don't know if I'm being much help as I'm struggling to stop my two from having the odd scrap, but its only very occasional with mine and I think I might have found and removed one of the causes (a pet carrier, fingers crossed). Most of the time they snuggle with each other but when she goes off on one, Sprocket gets scared and runs away :(

Yes the odd time they snuggle up but most of the time boss is in his fav spot upstairs and berry downstairs. The fight mostley in the hutch but now it has started in the garden.
Here is a picture i got, she attacked just after :cry:
IMG_6490.jpg

Yes the odd time they snuggle up but most of the time boss is in his fav spot upstairs and berry downstairs. The fight mostley in the hutch but now it has started in the garden.
Here is a picture i got, she attacked just after :cry:
IMG_6490.jpg

i am far from an expert but they dont look too happy to me. :? the black and white bun has their tail raised and the other has their ears pinned back....:?
i dont know what to suggest...... when you first bonded them did the bond go smoothly?

just to add......how did you bond them? in what space were they bonded?
maybe you should go right back to basics and bond them slowly again.

Back