• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enough space at night?

allie1904

Mama Doe
My boys have got run of the WHOLE house ALL day, but, they go to bed at night into their hutch.

In your own opinions is this cruel and should they have more room to roam overnight?

We go to bed fairly late, the most they are in there 4 is about 7 hours. They rarely chew on the bars, only a few tugs at first but they soon settle down and cuddle up.

Xx

could you bunny-proof a room and let them have that overnight? Otherwise you could buy a fold up pen and arrange it around their base so that they have a little more space.

It's fantastic that they have the whole house all day so I'm sure they'd be ok to have the area restricted at night, but the standard indoor cages are particularly small (usually 3 or 4 ft?) so I personally wouldn't use one.

The downstairs of our house is open plan and then the other two rooms, one is the office so cable mayhem and the other one is our bedroom.

Downstairs is bunny proofed well, but I do worry about what mayhem they could get into if I left them out all night..

My main concern is their safery and injuries rather than them nomming on my things.

I've been looking for a run for them which I could use outside also for periods but they are teeny tiny, may have to see how OH building skills are..

*toddles off to look at home made runs*

The downstairs of our house is open plan and then the other two rooms, one is the office so cable mayhem and the other one is our bedroom.

Downstairs is bunny proofed well, but I do worry about what mayhem they could get into if I left them out all night..

My main concern is their safery and injuries rather than them nomming on my things.

I've been looking for a run for them which I could use outside also for periods but they are teeny tiny, may have to see how OH building skills are..

*toddles off to look at home made runs*

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savic-Dog-P...?ie=UTF8&s=pet-supplies&qid=1297537683&sr=8-1
don't know if this is any use?
this is the pen that snowball lives in
it is a lot bigger than it looks in the picture.

he doesn't have a cage or anything, just this pen :)
it also comes with anchors so that you can use it as an outside run as well. it's quite easy to fold up and move it

Back