• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone for a box of bunnies?

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
I work closely with Lorna at Green Fields Rescue and she's just called to say that 'we' now have a further 5 bunnies to rehome as she's just had a cardboard box of youngsters dumped on the doorstep.

You have to say thank goodness the owners didn't just release them, but why not just knock on the door for goodness sakes. Someone might not have found them until the fox had already had it's way.:(

Photos will follow next week:D

:evil: Just a knock on the door is the least they could have done but like you say, thank heavens they did leave them with a rescue and not in the wilds. My Beatrix was dumped in a box with her sister at night - thank heavens they were saved from foxes. :( I hope none of the bunnies have any health issues and look forward to piccies xx

:evil: Just a knock on the door is the least they could have done but like you say, thank heavens they did leave them with a rescue and not in the wilds. My Beatrix was dumped in a box with her sister at night - thank heavens they were saved from foxes. :( I hope none of the bunnies have any health issues and look forward to piccies xx

Well upon closer inspection apparently they are not quite as young as first thought but just underweight. In some ways that could be better than fat and overfed on stuff to make their teeth bad.

Two boys and two girls with one not discernable as the genitals are too damaged to tell (not clear if its through infection//flystrike) but they are in good hands as Lorna is able to treat and has a good vet on the doorstep.

I guess people get scared of who they will find behind the door, tis no excuse though. :evil:

Poor buns - sending lots of vibes for them. Thank goodness they're safe xx

Really hoping they'll be ok! No matter how often I read this type of threads I still find it hard to comprehend how people can do something like this. :cry:

Well upon closer inspection apparently they are not quite as young as first thought but just underweight. In some ways that could be better than fat and overfed on stuff to make their teeth bad.

Two boys and two girls with one not discernable as the genitals are too damaged to tell (not clear if its through infection//flystrike) but they are in good hands as Lorna is able to treat and has a good vet on the doorstep.

:shock::cry: how can people leave their buns in that kind of state and then just dump them. Well thankfully they did as now they kind be properly loved and cared for and find a real loving forever home.

Poor things :( I suppose at least they are in good hands now.

How many times is this going to have to happen before anything is done about it? :roll:

this makes me so cross:evil: with all the rescues about why dump the poor things with no history or as you say at the risk of being eaten by foxes:cry:

Awwhhh poor bunnies :( Last week at the RSPCA I got chatting about the sort of things they find left at the gates. Someone had dumped three piggies in a terrible state. Apparently the worst thing they ever found was a glass tank with 27 rats in it (24 of them female...).

I guess people don't knock or go about it the correct way because they are ashamed or embarrassed. Or they just plain don't care. :(

Well it seems to be the craze at the moment. A lady who is hoping to adopt from us called last night to say that her sister had taken in a box of 4 bunnies that had been dumped overnight outside a shop near her. The shopkeeper wasn't interested so she had to take them or walk away.

So her and her sister are now landed with 3 baby buns and one who appears to be a dad. Have offered some equipment but have no more room at the inn or the cash to assist.

Back