• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Last minute trip to the vets - any spare vibes?

Spotty Bun

Warren Scout
Well I got home from work today to find the normally bouncy Milly very quiet and withdrawn. I couldn't tempt her with any of her favourites foods, and getting her running round the yard and massaging her belly didnt work either. She was pressing her belly into the floor and grunting in what I assume was pain, while massaging her tummy her whole body was tensing and she was rolling and stretching like mad bless her.

So i phoned the vets and they got me an appointment within the hour. £38, an injection and a thermometer up the bum later Milly is looking a lot brighter thankfully! No greens for the weekend just lots of hay, and I am trying all sorts of ways to get supreme science recovery paste down her - mashed banana seems to be working!

any vibes - just a few will do! - that you might have going spare would be great though please for overnight, so i can ring my vet in the morning and give them a positive update! such a stressful end to a friday, phew!

:wave:

Sending lots of healing tummy vibes. Did the vet give her any painkiller? x

Could that have been the injection? Sorry I was in a bit of a panicked state so i can't remember :oops: she was a bit less 'scrunchy' though by the time I'd got there, if that makes sense? :?

Thank you all so much for the vibes, they seem to be working as the little monster is back to climbing all over me, digging, flopping, and has eaten nearly her whole body weight in hay I think! :lol: fingers crossed this was just a one off.

aw thank you everyone! she is just about back to her normal self this morning, pawing at the mesh for her breakfast! although she doesnt seem too keen on the bio-lapis i was given but she keeps going back to her pellets so it will get eaten i'm sure.

she is currently relaxing in her washing up bowl! :lol:

Back