• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I'm a complete and utter moron

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Tonight, 15 bunnies to the vets, 10 having vaccinations originally, then we added in Wish, and then Flame, and because I'm a moron we accidently vaccinated Candyfloss 6 months early.

I so hope she doesn't have any backlash because it will all be my fault.

My brain always kept rabbit facts when it kept nothing else and now its gotten confused with them too. Feels like I can't look after them properly :(

Tonight, 15 bunnies to the vets, 10 having vaccinations originally, then we added in Wish, and then Flame, and because I'm a moron we accidently vaccinated Candyfloss 6 months early.

My brain always kept rabbit facts when it kept nothing else and now its gotten confused with them too. Feels like I can't look after them properly :(

don't beat yourself up, accidents happen, you didn't mean to make a mistake, it happens
keeping my fingers crossed for candyfloss xxx

Don't worry, vaccines have a huge margin of safety in terms of dose. I'd be incredibly surprised if she has any reaction at all.

Of course you look after them properly..............just a mental hiccup.
I am sure that we all have days like this. :oops:

It's not your fault Sky-O :) I'm sure she'll be ok. One of mine had a VHD about 6 months early so he was in sync with the others, he was fine. :)

BTW, I keep a spreadsheet on the computer, along with a calendar file for them. Would that help you with so many bunnies?

It's not your fault Sky-O :) I'm sure she'll be ok. One of mine had a VHD about 6 months early so he was in sync with the others, he was fine. :)

BTW, I keep a spreadsheet on the computer, along with a calendar file for them. Would that help you with so many bunnies?

That's useful thanks.

I actually know, in my head, exactly when everyone has what, I just got confused. My memory is normally super hot and just right now its too full of **** to remember sensible stuff.

That's useful thanks.

I actually know, in my head, exactly when everyone has what, I just got confused. My memory is normally super hot and just right now its too full of **** to remember sensible stuff.

That's understandable. I struggle with four so I need the files :oops:

i think that with all you do for your buns, you're allowed one little blip!! don't feel bad, i'm sure she'll be fine - maybe a bit cross with you though!

What you mean is that you are human, like the rest of us!

Dont beat yourself up hun, you've had a c**p couple pf days with alot on your mind. You're only human (((hugs)))
Loads pf vibes for her, Im sure she'll be absolutely fine :love:

I wouldn't worry - I'd never remember.
I have file cards for mine so I know when they've been ill, had jabs etc. Can't possibly remember otherwise!

Don't worry you have always seemed like a great bunny mommy to me on here. I have to keep records otherwise I forget too. :)

I'm sure she'll be fine. I have a file with my buns' vaccs cards so I know when they're due and I also note it in my diary - I'm really scatty so it's the only way to do it!

Did your vet not check their records on the computer before vaccinating them, to make sure they were due? :?

Hi Sky-o about the only advice I could help someone with. When I got Sunshine as a rescue, he was a family owned bunny originally. I asked my vet about his vaccinations and what if the family that owned him had had him vaccinated. He said there would be no risks if he was vaccinated again, even if it had been recent. So Sunshine had them. He was fine. That was 4 years ago. No need to worry.:love:

Last edited:
Back