• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newspaper to proper litter, but which litter??

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Want to change Matilda from newspaper to proper litter, as the newspaper stinks after shes used it like 3 times!

I'm thinking a wood based litter like one that absorbs it, any recomendations?

i use the wilkos wood based litter
£5 for a huge bag. i bought it 2 weeks ago and am not even halfway through yet and i change snowballs litter daily

Megazorb! Best thing ever IMO. Never stinks. Hugely absorbant. Buy it from a horse feed outlet or Hay Experts.

I second megazorb, I've used newspaper, hay, wood litter, sawdust and carefresh and megazorb was by far the best!

Only problem I've found is that its really fun to dig in, apparently :lol:

I line the litter tray with newspaper and then pour Megazorb on top which is great. Soaks up the urine and kills odour. Also you buy a massive sack 85L for just £7 from Hay Experts.

with Farmway postage is £4.99 and megazorb was around £6.80. Very fast delivery too :wave:

thats just how much it weighs, 14kg :)

tends to be 4.99 for postage for one sack, but i think it depends where you live so you have to register first

haa oo dear if i had a brain.. lmao!

and yh im registerd, got tils a grassey mat from there which she loves,tho i bought to little grow your own seed pot things tht were rubbish ha x

I second megazorb, I've used newspaper, hay, wood litter, sawdust and carefresh and megazorb was by far the best!

Only problem I've found is that its really fun to dig in, apparently :lol:

hahaa ohh, luckally i think tilly is a chewer rather than a digger ha *crosses fingers*

woop just oders the big sack fom hay experts are was buying from there already! tils better get on with megazorb haa shes gona be on it for awhile ha x

woop just oders the big sack fom hay experts are was buying from there already! tils better get on with megazorb haa shes gona be on it for awhile ha x

might want to think about where you're going to store it now. You get LOADS for your money :shock:

might want to think about where you're going to store it now. You get LOADS for your money :shock:

hahha uhh ohh, hmmm might keep it in one of the black bins we use for animals stuff, and then bring samll bags of it in as and when,

she has 2 small like round corner trays, one in the corner of my room and one in her cage, she used the one in my room during the day, and cos she has no masterd how to jump on my bed, she goes in her cage at night so uses that one.

shes a very clean girl, compared to my other males!!! tho she will wee on my bed given he chance!

here she is in her tray x

179003_1876754717231_1192116864_2252877_2508371_n.jpg

Back