• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Royale

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I have just bought this as it seems to be the most expensive bun food and presented a little bit of it to my lot in the bowl and all they are doing is sniffing at it, turning their noses up and staring at the science selective.

Anyone else give their buns rabbit royale? It looks posh, but is it actually posh? It smells like what I give horses...

Only about 4 out of 28 of mine would touch it! The rest just looked at me as if to say 'you expect us to eat THAT!' :roll: :lol:

TBH nutritional considerations aside, I much prefer pellets because they make less mess...so there's no cruddy bits of food left in their bowls to attract mice

Do you mean the chudleighs stuff? My outdoor bun is on it with 50% ss, and I give my babies a sprinkle as a treat. Id say its a good mix, isnt colourful like bad mixes.

i bought some to try and tempt esme after her last dental when she went into stasis - i'd tried everything else:roll:

turned her nose up at it then and still does!
(i pick out some of the bits as treats for the piggies so its not totally wasted:oops:).

I have used it now for 8 years and have tried getting my lot to eat other stuff but they pick out the rabbit royal and leave whatever I try them with. I have only had one dental rabbit in all mine I have had over the years but I must admit my lot eat 95% hay mainly . I go through 2 bales a week with my lot.

I used to use it for Frankie when I needed to build him up. It is the best mix food. I now use Beaphar Care Plus and I get it from Yarnton.

Spenser was on it when he came to me, and I only changed because he had a tendency to selective feeding. :wave:

I used ot feed buzzby on it but it changed a bit over the past couple of years and he liked it less. Its a nice treat mix though and my previous buns had it with no problems (they were greedy little things though). I didnt think it was that expensive but I do get a little discount on it so maybe thats why.

It's definately one of the better mixes :) haven't tried it with Islay and Jura though, but my last rabbit ate it all her life.

My rabbits go nuts for it, I've always fed it and think it has improved because it is less sticky ( I suspect they have reduced the amount of molasses in it).
At breakfast time when they get their mix, the rabbits are all scrabbling at the front and then straight into their bowls.:D

I've used it for almost 6 years now, and all mine love it. I only feed them a tiny bit of it, so there's no selective feeding. And they go nuts if they're the lucky bun to get one of the dried flowers :lol:

Back