• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joejoe & Jessie back in vets again :o( + a few piccies -UD - back home + pics!!!

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
:DJoejoe wasn't right still and started grinding his teeth, hard to tell with two buns, but don't think he was pooping and what i think were Jess's were tiny and hard.

He ate a small amount of kale, fresh herbs and hay/dried herbs and a couple of fenugreek crunchies if offered them but nowhere near enough.

The vet says he's got stasis again :cry: They're going to syringe feed him and swap the metaclopramide for something i think she said was gasprin??

Jessies staying in with him

They're going to keep them in until monday at the earliest, even if they both start nomming like mad tomorrow they want them both at full steam before coming home this time.

Cried all the way home, surprised i didn't crash the car :oops::cry:

Here's some piccies of them i took on my phone last night and this morning:

Joejoe giving Jess a lick :love:
BunniesFebruary2011773.jpg

BunniesFebruary2011791.jpg

Jess standing guard over her husbun
BunniesFebruary2011765.jpg

Joejoe doing his impression of a moose
BunniesFebruary2011785.jpg

Last edited:
awww hun.. loads and loads of vibes xxxx

it seems quite common that buns have a relapse within a few days of a total gut shutdown :( they just need to kickstart it all again is all xxx

Thanks :wave: I've just rung up to check on them and Joejoes still not eating :( he's being syringed but it's been nearly a week now so i'm thinking the worst tbh, if they can't get him eating properly by now i can't see that they will be able to...i mean he was munching away on little bits this morning on and off but he's just not right.

They've had to separate them too to monitor input/ouput which i understand, it;s still a bit upsetting though although they have said they are giving them as much interaction time as they can.

Sounds like they are in very good hands at your vets, but I'm sorry little Joe is still not eating. Keeping up vibes. xx

Hi :wave: Sorry, wasn't about earlier. Well this morning i was in bits as he still hadn't eaten or pood and they said 'the prognosis was guarded' :( but, by this evening he'd started showing some interest in his hay and greens and produced 6 perfectly normal pellets!!!

I don't want ot get my hopes up too soon as he did this earlier in the week then went back downhill (although maybe the anaesthetic for his dental set him back??) but they said things seem more positive now than earlier.

Apparently they are letting them both into the rabbit run together and they snuggle up together :love: then they split them up for poo watch. Jessie is doing great so it's just Joejoe who needs to get nomming and pooping properly.

I'm still worried but not as teary as this morning :oops:

Keeping up vibes. Hope he contiues to improve. If he doesn't get home on Monday will you be able to visit? I'm suring having Jess there will be helping him. :wave:

Back