• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on my bun

CandyKane

Young Bun
Well my girl Tigerlilly was spayed on Wednesday I had to take her back to the vet yesterday morning as she hadn't pooped and she was given another injection for pain and to keep her gut working along with critical care to feed her, later on that day she pooped I felt so happy. Today was her post op check at the vets they said she is healing well, I told them she was still showing no interest in food still (she is a very fussy eater) and was given another packet of critical care for the weekend. I did go out yesterday and buy her fresh herbs which she didn't want, when do you think she will start to want her food again?

Hiya, sorry to hear she's still not eating :( is she in her usual environment or have you moved her since having her op? I was so worried about Honey not eating but she seems fine now :) she's munched quite a few of her pellets today, had all of her greens and some carrot :) she even did a little binky this morning! I was so happy that she's happy again :love: have you got any fenugreek crunchies? That was one of the first things she ate, along with some oat hay that I got from hay experts...

I don't know, but sorry she's still not 100% yet, its a worry isn't it when they're not nomming and pooping. I know after Joejoe was neutered nice wet herbs were what tempted him in the end but it was a good few days before he was back on hay and nuggets properly.

As long as she is accepting the critical care and drinking and is pooping then i'm sure she will be ok xx

Has the vet given you pain relief for at home? The injection only lasts about 24hrs so she may need additional over the weekend.

Have you tried fresh grass, that sometimes works.

Oh I forgot to meantion the vet gave me some Timothy hay by Ox Bow although she still dosen't seem interested in that, she is a VERY fussy eater and never been one for eating treats she eats carrots but hasn't touched the one I put in for her. Yes is taking the critical care and drinking and using her litter tray so that is good I'm just worried to when she will start eating again. No the vet hasn't given me any pain killers for the weekend.

She is in the spare room in her cage where she normaly is kept, I've just been over the roat to get some bramble for my stick insects and she has nibbled a bit of that but so far thats the only thing I can get her to have a bit of.

Back