• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

little worried

shadow05

Mama Doe
hi everyone.:wave:

right ill get on with wat i was saying scooter as normal always has sprayed on the duvey cover and ive recently just bought him a new one with is whit in colour and has a floral pattern on it, but for some reason his wee looks more orange than yellow is this normal? :(

at the moment he is not eating any veg not had any since about last sunday. so i dont think its that. ive also found small yellow dots on the floor.

i was wondering wat these could be. if anybody wants to see pics just ask me and ill put them up. :)

thanks everybody. i would really appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea of wat this would be. im probs worrying over nothing but id rather check than just leave it. :D

Pics :)

Will give us an idea if its normal or not :wave:

okay i the only reason im asking is because before i had the white quilt is a blue one so i never really saw the colour. ill put pics up as soon as possible may take about 15 to 20 mins depending on how long photobucket takes. :D

right ive got some pics the only problem is they might not show up very well.
11022011346.jpg

11022011339.jpg

11022011338.jpg

11022011337.jpg

the pics from above are off big pee stains that dont look right.

11022011343.jpg

11022011341.jpg

the pics above are of the yellow mysterious dots.

i wouldnt say from those pictures they look any different to regular bunny wee :oops:

The spots are probably just dribbles, or caught on feet drops.

Others may post too :)

i honestly could tell u if hes got an infection in his bits or if his stitch's from the neuter after infected. the last i saw of them they looked good but u never know.

i wouldnt say from those pictures they look any different to regular bunny wee :oops:

The spots are probably just dribbles, or caught on feet drops.

Others may post too :)

okay i was just panicking a bit srry. i wanted to make sure before i took him to a vet. would rather not get in debt with the vets if possible at the moment :lol: :D or make the vets think im an idiot.

It looks fine to me, but it would also be a good idea to keep an eye on how he's healing.

If you keep his back feet on a table and tip his body back towards you, you should be able to get a look without him stressing about being picked up as his back feet will still be supported - does that make sense?

or make the vets think im an idiot.

I wouldn't worry about that, always worth asking if you are worried. I took my first male hammy to the vet because I though he had testicular cancer or something awful, who knew their plums are supposed to be that big! :shock::oops:

ive still got yet to change the sheet over i dont know how im gonna do that as the pen he is in is too heavy and i cant take it to bits cause i used cable ties to secure it and i dont have any left.and i cant buy anymore cause i have no money either. :(

ill have to sit and think it through.

It looks fine to me, but it would also be a good idea to keep an eye on how he's healing.

If you keep his back feet on a table and tip his body back towards you, you should be able to get a look without him stressing about being picked up as his back feet will still be supported - does that make sense?

ive tried he still freaks out. i dont know why i make sure his back feet are still on the ground while i left his front half up. :(

ive tried he still freaks out. i dont know why i make sure his back feet are still on the ground while i left his front half up. :(

Don't worry. I can't do it with Biscuit either :wave:

As he'll be quite shaven down there right now, get infront of him, hold a treat and force him to periscope. That's how i kept an eye on Biccy :)

That is a seriously big puddle! :lol:

i know hes got a big bladder there are other all over the cage its good i was going to change the quilt today anyways. :lol:

i know he only does it to get attention :lol: its annoying because at the back of the pen is his litter tray which has only just been changed. but scooter will be scooter :roll: i suppose with it being a new quilt it doesn't smell like him so hes making that happen.

Don't worry. I can't do it with Biscuit either :wave:

As he'll be quite shaven down there right now, get infront of him, hold a treat and force him to periscope. That's how i kept an eye on Biccy :)

they didnt shave him at all i didnt know they were suppose to do that. :shock:

Oh. Perhaps not all vets do. I just know they shaved an area around Biccy's.

Oddly my vets shaved all my buns bar one. I was so worried I even phoned them up to check they had definately done the op. It was very weird. It must be very hard to access the area cleanly without shaving them.

Back